Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
And with that folks this board has officially jumped the shark.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:08 pm

This is just silly... do we really need to have a thread discussing thing like the pajama habits of men who blog? Maybe Ben should come on here and start critiquing our discussions?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:43 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
This is just silly... do we really need to have a thread discussing thing like the pajama habits of men who blog? Maybe Ben should come on here and start critiquing our discussions?
Technically this thread is intended to talk about not just the pajama habits of men who blog, but rather all manner of random stuff on that blog. @:-)

Right now that discussion takes place in threads on this forum but are off topic to those threads. The idea is to give random discussions of the blog a proper home.

Same with the vftw thread.

And I'd be thrilled if Ben and/or Gary participated. But they appear to have quit posting on flyer talk (although it is clear they both still read flyer talk, including this forum. Hi Ben and Gary! )
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Ben claims he does not read this forum. Seems like it would take a super-human amount of restraint, but that's what he says.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Technically this thread is intended to talk about not just the pajama habits of men who blog, but rather all manner of random stuff on that blog. @:-)

Right now that discussion takes place in threads on this forum but are off topic to those threads. The idea is to give random discussions of the blog a proper home.

Same with the vftw thread.
Seems like a good idea. After all we were recently told OMAAT is supposedly one of the most read M&P blogs and VFTW right up there as well.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Seems like a good idea. After all we were recently told OMAAT is supposedly one of the most read M&P blogs and VFTW right up there as well.
Those two have been at the top for many, many years. Not particularly surprising, really.

And I agree that this thread is pretty good evidence of shark jumping. But wh'ev.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
This must be the types of things FT was desperately missing out on when OP lobbied TB to create this forum. Thank goodness FT got with the times.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:29 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by tcook052
This must be the types of things FT was desperately missing out on when OP lobbied TB to create this forum. Thank goodness FT got with the times.
Agreed. ^

ps: no rolleyes=no sarcasm!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...uidelines.html

• Blogs focused on miles and points. Discussion is permitted on the blog but not the blogger. Discussion of the blogger and his or her character, e.g. ethics and morals, will be deleted.
My bet is this is going to be honored more in the breach than the observance in this and the companion thread.

We'll see if my bet pays off.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Not that it necessarily matters to any of you one whit, but I feel rather strongly about what eponymous coward said immediately above -- as some of you might recall.

Sometimes anonymous internet posts can prove to be a rather interesting test of character for everyone all the way around. Sometimes.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...uidelines.html

My bet is this is going to be honored more in the breach than the observance in this and the companion thread.

We'll see if my bet pays off.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Kids,
no need to bet, FT and local forum rules continue to apply. The reason our forum Ambassador opened a new thread was a behind the scenes discussion between the two of us. Posts about VFTW and OMMAT blog entries had taken over a few threads in the EM&PR forum and we were looking to split them off to keep those threads on topic. I'm a little busy with my day job (that feeds my family), so I did the barebones moderation, and will clean up the remaining personal comment in the remaining week.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I LOVE macadamia nuts!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Yes, and I do, too. To my own not inconsiderable surprise, I've found myself agreeing with many of your most recent posts -- which aren't anonymous, after all.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
OMaaT censors my comments regarding the united e-certs...

OMaaT's post this morning hinted at fighting for compensation for getting rebooked after (knowingly) booking a flight that didn't exist. He asked for thoughts, and I made mentioned the united incident... And an hour later it was deleted. I figured he might, so I took a screen shot.

Funny bc he claims be never censors comments

http://postimg.cc/image/w6rrpane7/
msp3 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
[deleted]

Last edited by bthotugigem05; Jan 14, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.