Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by davie355
You're spot on. Scroll down to the latest comments here. http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...omment-2641206

*shudder*
I need to take a shower.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Judging by this headline, I think Gary Leff is Lucky's guest blogger of the week

A Guaranteed Easy Way To Reach Credit Card Minimum Spend In One Day
It's about buying a new laptop

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...Mile+at+a+Time
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:55 pm

How history repeats... that post links to a 2012 post that describes an incident in which an AA FA spilled OJ on Lucky's MBA.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ben is not one of "the" CC bloggers, he focuses on trip reports

Originally Posted by Raffles
Remember that only MMS, [FTG] and Points Guy did enough Amex volume to retain their links - with everyone else chopped, even Ben and Gary.
Originally Posted by IMH
occasional or one off visitors. TPG and MMS seem to be best at SEO
FTG and TPG were both acquired

I can't see it
two slang terms were quoted
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Hilarious

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...w-private-jet/
Pastor Wants People To Pay $65 Million For His New Private Jet

Ben, in post: "Absolutely sickening to try and raise $65 million for a private jet in the name of God, in my opinion."

Commenter LarryInNYC: "He probably should have done a Kickstarter, right?"
So today OMAAT follows up on the $65M jet - that pastor failed to raise the money, makes excuses, and the congregation is sympathetic. The comments are as expected bringing up the Kickstarter, etc.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...omment-2688632
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:58 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by 84fiero
So today OMAAT follows up on the $65M jet - that pastor failed to raise the money, makes excuses, and the congregation is sympathetic. The comments are as expected bringing up the Kickstarter, etc.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...omment-2688632
That's some serious passive-aggressive self-loathing.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

maybe that pastor has made some.. aggressively discriminatory comments ?

but pastor is also one percent and politically incorrect to begin with
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Surprised that Lucky did not mention on his blog that he was a guest interview on Fox News yesterday afternoon. Spoke about Europe this summer and how to book. of course he mentioned the Hyatt Card and you can get two free nights at the Hyatt Regency (not Vendome) with a minimum spend on the credit card.

Did say look to other less crowded cities as opposed to London and Paris. He mentioned PRG. My experience is that PRG is one of the most crowded cities with tourists during the summer, He also mentioned Bucharest. Not one of my fave places.

Spoke about the Open Skies fare, but not exactly. Said you could get RT to CDG from NYC for $1500.
Old May 26, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
The danger of hiring others to write in your blog: watering down the brand. As shown in this post: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...s-this-summer/. Now, maybe AA/BA doesn't have the greatest business class, but it sure as hell is more than "essentially a step up from Spirit." Not even Lucky would make that claim.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
The danger of hiring others to write in your blog: watering down the brand. As shown in this post: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...s-this-summer/. Now, maybe AA/BA doesn't have the greatest business class, but it sure as hell is more than "essentially a step up from Spirit." Not even Lucky would make that claim.
I sort of read that as tongue-in-cheek, but who knows anymore. The few other posts by Nick I happened to click on were about airlines other than AA, which seemed refreshing for a change and if done right, some of these other contributors could provide a greater breadth of experiences and perspectives.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Good point, and some of these guest writers love Click Bait even more than Gary.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Click bait is based off what is in the title of an article - jokes (or sort of jokes) in the body/content can't be click bait, because you are already reading the article, which defeats the whole premise of click bait...
Old May 28, 2015, 1:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Many bloggers have changed their email and rss feed, so it now only sends out the first few lines of the blog post, hence a killer statement/enticement needs to be made so people go to the blog to read the remainder of the post So yes, its clickbait.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i had forgotten he was working as a luxury hotel travel agent at one point, there is an announcement post on his blog a few years back

7% commission on expensive hotels can be a lot for very little work, and even if he doesnt accept new clients, he might have some regulars who also use his award booking service

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Many bloggers have changed their email and rss feed, so it now only sends out the first few lines of the blog post, hence a killer statement/enticement needs to be made so people go to the blog to read the remainder of the post So yes, its clickbait.
theres always something
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
i had forgotten he was working as a luxury hotel travel agent at one point, there is an announcement post on his blog a few years back

7% commission on expensive hotels can be a lot for very little work, and even if he doesnt accept new clients, he might have some regulars who also use his award booking service

theres always something
Most hotels give 10% commission.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.