Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one who hasn't been to the Maldives???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I the only one who hasn't been to the Maldives???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kokonutz
I try to read all 40 every day. But many days i don't make it past 0.
If you're only seeing 40 you're missing out on a lot. I have over 100 I'm tracking and curating on hack.travel and I know I'm missing a bunch.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:54 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have 582 on my Feedly list. Two topics: Personal Finance and Travel/Miles/Points

and yes I have to endure lots of drivel
Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by gpapadop
I have 582 on my Feedly list. Two topics: Personal Finance and Travel/Miles/Points

and yes I have to endure lots of drivel
I just don't get it... if it's mostly drivel... why not just cull it?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:45 am

I love the idea, but personally am too much a fan of expedient travel. I pack light (NEVER check a bag), prefer direct flights, and hate to wait around when I get somewhere. The thought of two long int. plane flights, then another 5 hours of travel just to get to the hotel, seems like a bit too much work. I'd be very cranky by the time I arrived... and then I'd stress thinking about the arduous journey back.

I'd go to a place like this to relax, so not me for. Just one opinion.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Yeah, I 've been meaning to do just that lately...It's obvious that Miles Momma will never write anything useful #nomorechances
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:43 am

Yeah, I 've been meaning to do just that lately...It's obvious that Miles Momma will never write anything useful #nomorechances
I made the conscious decision to cull when I went from reader to feedly and it has been quite liberating. I think I have only seen a dozen SouthWest AMAZING OFFER posts in the past few days where I'd be in the hundreds in the past! Heck I doubt I'd have kept my own crappy blog since I hardly ever post on it people would probably have forgotten who I was lol
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some of the non freaky travel bloggers seem to prefer MLE too: http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/travel...te_destination
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Because his job (or unpaid internship?) is to read all 582 of those blogs and pick out the 5 unique topics that the rest of us actually care about! Don't discourage the man!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
Because his job (or unpaid internship?) is to read all 582 of those blogs and pick out the 5 unique topics that the rest of us actually care about! Don't discourage the man!
That made me laugh a lot, gracias!

My only salvation is for Feedly to blow up and I lose all my feeds for good. And I am not recreating them.

Oh, I saw 12 "Amazing Offers" in the past hour I think
Old Aug 8, 2013, 5:34 am

That made me laugh a lot, gracias!

My only salvation is for Feedly to blow up and I lose all my feeds for good. And I am not recreating them.

Oh, I saw 12 "Amazing Offers" in the past hour I think
Yeah but soon it's going to be a case of reading 100 posts saying here is an amazing offer, and then one post from TBB saying "here is the offer, if you go over to this tab here you can help me instead of all these evil people". yawn ;-)
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:02 am

One day, one day. Thank you in advance for your support, I sure appreciate it
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by AirMileMillionaire
I love the idea, but personally am too much a fan of expedient travel. I pack light (NEVER check a bag), prefer direct flights, and hate to wait around when I get somewhere. The thought of two long int. plane flights, then another 5 hours of travel just to get to the hotel, seems like a bit too much work. I'd be very cranky by the time I arrived... and then I'd stress thinking about the arduous journey back.

I'd go to a place like this to relax, so not me for. Just one opinion.
That sounds kind of like my wife, she starts getting impatient and cranky easily on long trips. And if there's a delay or cancellation, then she really gets grumpy. To me long trips are part of the fun usually, and even a delay/cancel can sometimes lead to an interesting side experience.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Speaking of a new blog that I enjoy reading @MileAdventures http://mileadventures.com/

He actually writes thought provoking information.

Until a week ago, I never knew the guy existed. Now I think he's the most insightful blogger to come along this year. @:-)

dh
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:06 pm

One day, one day. Thank you in advance for your support, I sure appreciate it
Then Mr. George will be pimping all day, please click my links and so I have some revenue to write off, blah blah. Oh wait he won't direct link, so it'll be please check out this page for all the links thankyou.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Speaking of a new blog that I enjoy reading @MileAdventures http://mileadventures.com/

He actually writes thought provoking information.
Indeed and the thought it provoked recently from me was "what was he thinking or was he?" when he wrote about there being little adventure to find in Canada, my home and native land, after visiting only Toronto & Vancouver.

http://mileadventures.com/canadas-fa...the-oil-sands/

Luckily he appears to have come to his senses and actually visited somewhere else beyond our two urban extremes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.