Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Sign in using an external account

Old May 24, 13, 11:32 am   #46
Formerly known as iahsumr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWA44 View Post
Here is a post that addresses a real issue in the points and miles game, and adds some new information. I have seen other articles on this problem and I do not think MommyPoints says all there is to say, but the comments offer some good info too.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mommyp...getting-cards/

And no affiliate links or suggestions about online shopping!
Thanks for sharing - some details and examples are best left for the comments section for many, many reasons. In fact, that is why I still don't offer email subscriptions.
Old May 27, 13, 7:06 am   #47

Programs: DL 2MM/PM(PM by choice), AA MM/GLD, PLT, Kimpton IC, *wood Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Excellent post by The Points Guy today (Memorial Day) providing information on donating miles to organizations that assist veterans and their families.
http://thepointsguy.com/2013/05/memorial-day-giving/
pbjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 13, 10:40 pm   #48

Programs: Hilton/Starwood/ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
I have a section in my blog titled "Miles/Points" that I feature helpful blog posts from (mostly) a veteran perspective. Moderator, close this thread and point to my blog...just kidding! Not many make the cut believe me!
Old May 30, 13, 1:31 am   #49

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpapadop View Post
I have a section in my blog titled "Miles/Points" that I feature helpful blog posts from (mostly) a veteran perspective. Moderator, close this thread and point to my blog...just kidding! Not many make the cut believe me!
+1. Sometimes I think I should just clean out my google reader and subscribe to TBB.
Kay_nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 13, 12:42 pm   #50

Helpful post, especially if you have some Skypesos around you'd like to use up!

http://fishing4deals.com/2013/06/16/...t/#comment-535
TWA44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 13, 10:02 pm   #51

Thanks for the endorsement TWA44. Does any one know what MommyPoints means when she says "that is why I don't offer email subscriptions? Thanks.
restonva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 13, 11:04 pm   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by restonva View Post
Thanks for the endorsement TWA44. Does any one know what MommyPoints means when she says "that is why I don't offer email subscriptions? Thanks.
I think she means that you can't sign up to get a daily email of her new post(s).
TWA44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 13, 12:12 am   #53
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by restonva View Post
I think she means "I lose 1c in ad revenue when you read a post via email rather than read it on my site"

I was also told that The Points Guy has just truncated his daily emails so that you only get the first paragraph now, and need to go to the site to read the full version (apologies if this is wrong Brian).

This is a key commercial decision you need to make as a blogger. For better or worse, I give email subscribers the full post. This does mean, though, that I need to do monthly posts highlighting my affiliate links - even though they are clearly shown on the site - because email subscribers forget about them.