Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Sign in using an external account

Closed Thread

Old Mar 25, 13, 3:04 pm   #2146

Programs: AA-Hilton-Raddison-BA-Benihana.. ALL PLATINUM LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
Because it's 10.000miles less than starting from Europe......
Flying from Europe to Maldives is 10K more than Flying from US ? I am confused.
Old Mar 25, 13, 3:37 pm   #2147

The post was about flying from to US to N-Asia, via Europe (with a possible stop there)....which is 10.000 miles less than flying from the US to Europe.
Old Mar 25, 13, 3:54 pm   #2148

Quote:
Originally Posted by imslippy View Post
besides the point breaks, it seems like I'm seeing a lot of credit card pushing today =o
Just today?

Quote:
JS is back today with an eye-popping 23 referral links in one post. About the incredibly mundane topic of gas station cashback, which can be answered succiently in two words: PenFed Platinum. Well done.
Shameless...
Old Mar 25, 13, 4:52 pm   #2149

Programs: Platinum Sky Pimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloreglabert View Post
JS is back today with an eye-popping 23 referral links in one post. About the incredibly mundane topic of gas station cashback, which can be answered succiently in two words: PenFed Platinum. Well done.
I swear to God if you go back a few pages you will see that I pitched this idea to him I want my royalties!

Last edited by fishdance; Mar 25, 13 at 5:06 pm.
Old Mar 25, 13, 5:54 pm   #2150

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdance View Post
I swear to God if you go back a few pages you will see that I pitched this idea to him I want my royalties!
Better still why not put 23 links in your own blog and collect more than just royalties ?
Old Mar 25, 13, 6:04 pm   #2151

Funny how many of them practically beg forgiveness in advance for pimping the cards again.
Old Mar 25, 13, 10:21 pm   #2152

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman77_7 View Post
If you have the Hilton HHonors Reserve card (insert referral link here), you'll have free HH Gold which gets you free breakfast and free happy hour at the Conrad Maldives.
Bring your rubber-lined coat so you can score enough food then to make it through the rest of the day.
Old Mar 26, 13, 9:19 am   #2153

Programs: Platinum Sky Pimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMPS View Post
Better still why not put 23 links in your own blog and collect more than just royalties ?
I am thinking about starting one. I just found out how to maximize my UR points on beer runs - buy shell giftcards and purchase overpriced beer at large shell gas station. Mine even sells semi crappy wine.
[Moderator edit]

PS: I also found out how to maximize UR points if you have pet penguin living in your bathtub. It involves prepaid shell cards and buying lots of ice. But I will not give out any more information for free.

Last edited by mia; Mar 26, 13 at 9:26 am. Reason: Remove ridicule
Old Mar 26, 13, 10:09 am   #2154
2014 Secret Santa

Programs: AS MVP
Wink

Quote:
I am thinking about starting one. I just found out how to maximize my UR points on beer runs - buy shell giftcards and purchase overpriced beer at large shell gas station. Mine even sells semi crappy wine.
[Moderator edit]

PS: I also found out how to maximize UR points if you have pet penguin living in your bathtub. It involves prepaid shell cards and buying lots of ice. But I will not give out any more information for free.
Awesome.

I have an even better way you can earn unlimited points. PM me for my Paypal address and pay me as much as you want!
Old Mar 26, 13, 10:58 am   #2155

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikerT View Post
Funny how many of them practically beg forgiveness in advance for pimping the cards again.
Where have you noticed that?
Old Mar 26, 13, 12:05 pm   #2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG
There have been literally hundreds of posts touting these three Chase cards in recent months. I wrote about them a couple times when the Big Five X on gift cards was hot and heavy but for the most part, have just given then standard coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFTW
If you’re already an expert, stop reading this post now. You already know everything in it, and I don’t want you to waste your time. You won’t be able to get your 45 seconds back.
Old Mar 26, 13, 2:55 pm   #2157

Quote:
[Moderator edit]

I can top that !

PM me with your email add. and I will let you in on how my Nigerian Uncles has left over UR points (seven figures no less) . They had bought about 37 million points to buy votes but have quite a few made available to me..

PS :I also sell bridges.
Old Mar 26, 13, 3:26 pm   #2158
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club

Programs: AA 2MM Perpetual Platinum; HH & SPG Gold
Moderator action

A post which mischaracterized a blog post, and replies, have been removed. If you intend to analyze individual blog articles please be sure to comply with Flyertalk's copyright policy:

Quote:
If there is a news article or other piece of information you'd like to share from the web, credit the source of the information and/or give a brief two- to three- paragraph recap of the news and provide the appropriate link to the source.
Also, be careful to write about blog content and not the bloggers. Ridiculing or taunting individuals is never permitted.
Old Mar 26, 13, 7:25 pm   #2159

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia View Post
A post which mischaracterized a blog post, and replies, have been removed. If you intend to analyze individual blog articles please be sure to comply with Flyertalk's copyright policy:

Also, be careful to write about blog content and not the bloggers. Ridiculing or taunting individuals is never permitted.
+10

Well said... the conversation was turning a bit personal and blogger bashing.

Thank You
Old Mar 26, 13, 11:02 pm   #2160

Programs: Hilton/Starwood/ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Mia:

So....we can say this blog's post totally sucked but can not say this blogger sucks? Why impede the flow? It has taken me years to learn to reply with multiple quotes (ok I am slow) how do you expect others to take the time to learn to embed links for every post we want to make here? THIS is what prevents people from posting...why bother?

Maybe I missed today's fireworks...Up to yesterday I thought the conversations was fine.

Well, never mind

I despise the censoring unless the posts were spam and/or vulgar name attacks! There, I feel better now

Closed Thread