Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Holiday Inn Express Bangkok - Insect on my Tart

Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit 11

30 Sukhumvit Soi 11 Klongtoey-Nua Wattana Bangkok, TH 10110

Insect on my Tart (3 Photos)

Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit 11

Beware, this hotel is so-called 'the smart hotel' serves you same boring cold breakfast on a daily basis with INSECT on your TARTS and they too enjoy breakfast with you...unhygienic environment and unapologetic and remorseless staff.

This Hotel is absolutely not meant for a decent business person or a family to come and stay the SOI 11 is pathetic, post 6 pm onwards the entire SOI 11 stretch becomes 'A RED LIGHT AREA' the street is full of male and female prostitutes, they enter the hotel on a pretext of using the restroom and they are happily welcomed by the hotel staff, the prostitutes later pick-up customers from the hotel lobby area freely.

The Hotel Room has a large window which faces the hotel facade walls, therefore, there is no view from most of the rooms and without sunlight, the room is pitch dark.

At SOI 11 the traffic is non-stop and maddening, the noise coming from the street can be literary deafening...

Last but not the least hotel has charged me on my CREDIT CARD for the room in spite of giving them the prepaid hotel voucher.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotelInsect in Tart 1.jpgInsect in Tart 1 Zoomed.pngInforming thr waitress about insect.jpg

Insect on my Tart

Would you like to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit 11?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:22 pm

If you've spent any time in a tropical climate and never had a bug end up in your food before, you're living a truly blessed life.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
It looks like a Super Elite bug. Don't worry about it.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: IHG
Most ridiculous thread ever..
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Wow this is dramatic
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
.. she looks as though she might be ready to charge you extra for the protein boost to your breakfast.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I just love hotels that serve local street food fresh!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:26 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Keep in kind that at HIX, you pick out what your eating, so look more carefully next time before you select one with an insect. HIX always serve the same breakfast every day with some small variations, i.e. scrambled eggs one day omellette the next. Insects are always around so you need to keep shooing them away or keep your food covered.

This particular HIX is dirt cheap for a reason, and you mentioned them all: neighborhood "entertainment," views, noise, room size, etc. You know you can say "no" to the working girls who enter the lobby. They work all the hotels, even the 5*. Never been to BKK before? Not my favorite hotel, but good for a cheap stay.

By the way, welcome to FT.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Originally Posted by chander
Introduction Beware, this hotel is so-called 'the smart hotel' serves you same boring cold breakfast on a daily basis with INSECT on your TARTS and they too enjoy breakfast with you...unhygienic environment and unapologetic and remorseless staff.This Hotel is absolutely not meant for a decent business person or a family to come and stay the SOI 11 is pathetic, post 6 pm onwards the entire SOI 11 stretch becomes 'A RED LIGHT AREA' the street is full of male and female prostitutes, they enter the hotel on a pretext of using the restroom and they are happily welcomed by the hotel staff, the prostitutes later pick-up customers from the hotel lobby area freely.The Hotel Room has a large window which faces the hotel facade walls, therefore, there is no view from most of the rooms and without sunlight, the room is pitch dark.At SOI 11 the traffic is non-stop and maddening, the noise coming from the street can be literary deafening...Last but not the least hotel has charged me on my CREDIT CARD for the room in spite of giving them the prepaid hotel voucher.Room Tip: Avoid the hotel
Not trying to defend this hotel but I think it's pretty decent. I stayed in this hotel around 20 times over the last few years. The hotel is nothing fantastic since it's around 3 to 3.5 star, but basically a simple and clean no frills hotel. Price is around THB 1,500 range.

My experience is that if you have any issue, you just raised them with the front desk staffs and they will try to resolve the problem for you ASAP. So service wise, it's OK.

The breakfast is free for all guests and it's pretty simple with several dishes. So don't expect the breakfast to be like Intercontinental hotel with a full range breakfast.

The restaurant is just a small section on the ground floor (next to check in / front desk / main lobby) so the insect could have just flown in from the street outside since the main lobby door to the road is just around 3 to 5 metres away (separated by the pavement). This insect thingy is just a small issue and I seriously don't think that the restaurant can prevent the insect from flying in totally.

Maybe the OP is new to BKK and not familiar with this area. If you are staying in Sukhumvit Soi 11, then how can you expect it to be quiet? You are right in the middle of Nana and Cowboy Agogo areas.

From the start of the street from Sukhumvit, you have restaurants with Live Band like Zanzibar to Rosabieng and then to clubs like Sugar, Levels and Insanity, plus tons of small pubs and restaurants like Above Eleven, Mullis, Oskar, Alex etc. This is a happening, packed and lively street full of restaurants and clubs and have massive jam until the morning even at 4 am. If you don't like such area then maybe you should choose a different hotel / area the next trip.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Amazing that someone bothered to register for FT just to post this
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Amazing that someone bothered to register for FT just to post this
I hope the OP is ok and was not attacked by this dangerous nasty animal. I am worried.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:58 am

Insects on tarts in Bangkok? This thread could have been WAY more interesting
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by camsean
Insects on tarts in Bangkok? This thread could have been WAY more interesting

I was wondering when someone would lower the tone ....
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
What happened to the OP? Fly got his tongue?
troytos likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.