Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ramada Tempe/At Arizona Mills Mall - A good price, but the exterior is lacking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Club, AAdvantage,

Ramada Tempe/At Arizona Mills Mall

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

1701 W Baseline Rd Tempe, AZ US 85283

A good price, but the exterior is lacking (0 Photo)

My reservation was paid for in full two weeks prior to arriving. The BAD: NO WHERE on your property's page did it say I would be charged for internet access of $10 upon check in. The clerk who checked me in said "It's on the sign, sorry." Really? That's how you treat your customers? I had my OWN internet on my tablet and didn't even need it. The "Fitness Center," which I wanted to used each day, was a joke. Three old, dilapidated treadmills and an elliptical (I think) in front of a tv, adjacent to the open lobby for everyone to view while you get sweaty? I don't think so. I had to pay for a pass for a local gym for the five days I was there. The pool and spa were atrocious! The water was grey looking, but didn't stop kids and adults from doing who knows what in each. I was told by other guests that the pump had been broken for weeks! This is a serious health department infraction I could have reported to the county, but I did not. The empty alcohol cans and bottles around the entire property, but the pool and spa especially were disgusting, as was the HUMAN FECES on the ground by the planter on the way to guest rooms in the 120's. The "breakfast" room was empty, and I could see why. $5.00 charge for what? I didn't see any food anywhere, not even fruit. The attendant could have cared less if I was there or not. You should be ashamed to be associated with the Wyndham chain and vice versa! I've seen fleabag lesser "cheap" properties in better shape than this dump. My room door was loose, and it's a good thing I carry a firearm, as it was on my nightstand when I was there. The "safe" was locked, and I guess the "key" had been lost. The shower head had calcium buildup and therefore the water pressure was crappy no matter what setting the head was turned to. The GOOD: the air conditioning in the room was excellent, the room itself was appropriately furnished nicely, it was immaculate and very clean, the towels were soft, the fridge and microwave were awesome by the wet bar, the coffeemaker was fine, iron and ironing board good, and the big screen tvs all worked great. If you can get past the exterior by the rooms, it's a great rate for a short stay.

Check In

No where on their page does it say "$10.00 charge for use of internet upon check-in."  The clerk will say "Sorry, it's on the sign."  I called and spoke to someone who said they'd take the charge off my bill, and they never did.  Follow up and make sure they do what they say they will.

Room

EXCELLENT, immacualte and very clean.

Service

Not much of any, really.

Dining

Joke. No one was in there, and I didn't see any food prepared. The female attendant could have cared less if I was there or not. "Five dollar" is all she said.  I walked out.

I overhead one of the other guests say "You're in the 'hood..."  I felt ok, but many might not.  I didn't see any shady activity while there, but did see some questionable people on the proerty staying there.

GREAT rooms, questionable exterior

Gym

They "Fitness Center" had 3 dilapidated treadmills and a fourth tht was broken, with a small tv in the corner.  This entire room is not enclosed, but just off the lobby for everyone to see you.

Pool

Disgusting.  Very mirky water.  Someone said that the pump had been broken for weeks.

Spa

Disgusting.  Very mirky water.  Someone said that the pump had been broken for weeks.

A good price, but the exterior is lacking

Would you like to write a review on the Ramada Tempe/At Arizona Mills Mall?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.