Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Roosevelt New Orleans vs Hyatt French Quarter

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:28 am
Original Poster

The Roosevelt New Orleans vs Hyatt French Quarter

Traveling to NOLA in mid September and wondering which of these hotels I should book? Read about Diamond status perks at both hotels on TripAdvisor and it seems as though neither offers members free breakfast and only the Roosevelt extends suite upgrades. Advice?

**Mods not exactly sure if this is posted in the correct forum.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Hyatt French Quarter will absolutely give you breakfast if you're a diamond. It's in the counter-service restaurant, so while the food is good, it's not very luxurious.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I've read that the Hyatt is pretty "basic" compared to the luxury of The Roosevelt.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton/Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
I've stayed at both. Hyatt gives breakfast to Diamonds. They're two very different properties. Roosevelt more luxurious with a great bar and lounge area in the lobby and is a few steps away from the quarter while Hyatt is in the quarter. if properties were the same price I'd stay at Roosevelt.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
We've stayed at the Roosevelt 3x in the last year.

Parking is around $40 and valet only. It's hectic, to say the least. The valets do not answer the phone, nor will they bring your car around in advance of your departure.

There is no complimentary breakfast.

Outside of those two relatively-major cons, this is my favorite hotel in the Hilton chain.

I sleep harder in their beds than I do in my own at home. All of the showers are walk-in with multiple showerheads. Turn down service is always appreciated.

I've always been upgraded, whether it's a single-class upgrade to a deluxe room, or several steps up to a 2-room suite.

The Sazerac Bar is famous for its atmosphere and, of course, its Sazeracs. Domenica is a restaurant attached the hotel that has amazing pizza.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I'm planning a first time visit to New Orleans in March.I haven't really started looking at hotels yet, so this gives me a good starting point. If I book the Roosevelt through Amex FHR, it includes daily breakfast for 2. Is the restaurant good enough that I would want to have breakfast there for 4 days?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Low Roller
I'm planning a first time visit to New Orleans in March.I haven't really started looking at hotels yet, so this gives me a good starting point. If I book the Roosevelt through Amex FHR, it includes daily breakfast for 2. Is the restaurant good enough that I would want to have breakfast there for 4 days?
Probably.

But, if it's your first time in New Orleans, do you really want to have a hotel breakfast each day?

Within walking distance you have some of the best dining in the country. I've had amazing breakfasts at The Ruby Slipper Cafe, Stanley at Jackson Square, Jimmy J's, etc.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by aww3583
Probably.

But, if it's your first time in New Orleans, do you really want to have a hotel breakfast each day?

Within walking distance you have some of the best dining in the country. I've had amazing breakfasts at The Ruby Slipper Cafe, Stanley at Jackson Square, Jimmy J's, etc.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton/Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Low Roller
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. Thanks for the suggestions!
also look at "The Court of Two Sisters". Great buffet and gorgeous courtyard to dine in.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by KEnsor
also look at "The Court of Two Sisters". Great buffet and gorgeous courtyard to dine in.
Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aww3583
We've stayed at the Roosevelt 3x in the last year.

Parking is around $40 and valet only. It's hectic, to say the least. The valets do not answer the phone, nor will they bring your car around in advance of your departure.

There is no complimentary breakfast.

Outside of those two relatively-major cons, this is my favorite hotel in the Hilton chain.

I sleep harder in their beds than I do in my own at home. All of the showers are walk-in with multiple showerheads. Turn down service is always appreciated.

I've always been upgraded, whether it's a single-class upgrade to a deluxe room, or several steps up to a 2-room suite.

The Sazerac Bar is famous for its atmosphere and, of course, its Sazeracs. Domenica is a restaurant attached the hotel that has amazing pizza.

Is this a Waldorf Astoria thing? I've stayed at the Grand Wailea and Rome Cavalieri, neither hotel offered complementary breakfasts for diamond members
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Is this a Waldorf Astoria thing? I've stayed at the Grand Wailea and Rome Cavalieri, neither hotel offered complementary breakfasts for diamond members
Correct - free Diamond breakfast benefit is only at Conrad, Curio, full service Hilton, Doubletree and Hilton Garden Inn.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Correct - free Diamond breakfast benefit is only at Conrad, Curio, full service Hilton, Doubletree and Hilton Garden Inn.
I was sad to find this out myself when I stayed at the Waldorf Amsterdam. Hilton's loyalty program is awful in a lot of ways. I'm sure theres a forum someone could point me toward so I could complain about Hilton. I don't see how they'll keep up with Marriott if Marriott takes on some of SPG perks and Hyatt is way better.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:38 am

I have stayed at both of them. I enjoyed Hyatt French Quarter more and will visit again if I get the chance.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KEnsor
I was sad to find this out myself when I stayed at the Waldorf Amsterdam. Hilton's loyalty program is awful in a lot of ways. I'm sure theres a forum someone could point me toward so I could complain about Hilton. I don't see how they'll keep up with Marriott if Marriott takes on some of SPG perks and Hyatt is way better.

I also wish Hilton was a little more consistent with their diamond program policies. However, Marriott does not provide free breakfast for gold/platinum members staying at a Courtyard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.