Programs: Aer Club Platinum, BAEC Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport: Great Airport Hotel

Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

St Andrews Drive Paisley, GB PA3 2TJ

Great Airport Hotel (0 Photo)

This was my first time to stay in the Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport, and when making the booking, was pleased to note that a discount was available for members of the IHG Rewards programme. Shortly after making the booking, I received an email from the hotel offering 20% discount when two meals were ordered from the main menu. As I was on my own (as per the original booking, this was of no value to me, so I emailed the hotel to this effect. I received a very pleasant reply from Lauren (Guest services manager) offering the discount should I choose to eat in the hotel. What a nice touch.

I arrived at Glasgow International Airport on a cold & wet evening. The Holiday Inn Express is a couple on minutes walk from the terminal building under a covered walkway.

The hotel lobby is large, bright and very attractive. I was warmly greeted by Donne, who welcomed me as an IHG Rewards Club member, and explained the hotel facilities and services. I was also given a voucher for a drink and snack from the bar. Lauren was also at reception and added her welcome too. Indeed all the staff I encountered were without exception very pleasant.

The room is decorated in neutral beige tones, with a splash of warm colour provided by orange curtains and bed throw. A hospitality tray is provided with the invitation to contact reception if additional supplies are needed.

I adjourned to the lobby, took a seat and had a look at the menu, which though short gave a good selection. I opted for fish and chips, and was very pleased with the presentation and standard of the meal.

The bed was comfortable, and I had a restful night.

Continental breakfast is available from 4am, with hot food added at 6am. This is scrambled egg, beans and sausages. A basic selection, but of good quality, and perfectly acceptable.

The Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport enjoys an ideal location close to the terminal. It is a very pleasant hotel with exceptional staff, and a great place to stay.

Great Airport Hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:53 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

You have posted a photo of the Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport and said you've reviewed the Holiday Inn Express. From your content I assume the photo is correct and the text is wrong. Perhaps you could check and make sure this is clear.

Thanks for posting a review - well written.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Club Platinum, BAEC Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Hi there, that picture was added at some point by flyer talk. It is indeed the Holiday Inn, not the express, but l cannot claim any credit (or blame!) for the photo. Thanks for your kind words.

Last edited by pat jordan; Jul 18, 2016 at 3:15 pm Reason: F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.