Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Silver Airport Service Modifications

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2008, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
EVA Silver Airport Service Modifications

Well... we cannot say it's all bad news, cause there's 1 bad news and 1 good news associated with this modification. However, the bad news over weighs the good news for sure... but just wow...

Retrieved from Jade Air Forum posted by v.wang... which I think most Silver Card Members of EVA probably got this notifications already. I will just summarize it and not translate word by word.

In order to cope with the fuel prices, starting from July 1st, 2008, the following airport service modifications will be in effect for EVA Airways' Silver Card Members:

1. When check-in at airports other than Taipei Taoyuan International Airport where EVA serves...

Original: Nothing special for check-in unless a specific counter dedicated to Silver card members, such as the exception listed (TPE).

New: Silver card members who hold Evergreen Deluxe/Elite tickets, or upgraded to Evergreen Deluxe/Elite may use the Premium Laurel/Business counter. Upgrades must be done prior.

2. Lounge Access for Silver card members

Original: Silver card members may use lounges at all destinations where EVA has one available regardless of ticketing class.

New: Silver card members may use lounges at all destination where EVA has one available that is served by EVA itself (Taipei Taoyuan, Bangkok, and San Francisco) regardless of ticketing class. For all other lounges not served by EVA, Silver card members must hold Evergreen Deluxe/Elite tickets, or upgraded to Evergreen Deluxe/Elite in order to have access.

3. Lounge Access for Silver card members' companions

Original: Silver card members may invite companions to use EVA Lounge by applying at the Lounge service counter with membership card and 5,000 miles. Miles will be deducted at the airport.

New: Silver card members who meets the NEW requirement listed at part 2, may invite companions to use EVA Lounge by applying at the Lounge service counter with membership card and 5,000 miles. Miles will be deducted at the airport.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Evergreen Club was once stable and this encouraged pax to take a long term view when selecting their airline.

EVA's increased propensity to fiddle with both accumulation rates and benefits offered should put everyone on alert.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:56 am
Gus

For some reason the Evergreen club do not send me their " we are moving the goalposts again" newsletter.

I am a silver card holder usually flying BKK-LHR in the zoo.

Does this mean that I will be able to use the Eva air lounge at Bangkok but not the SAS London lounge at LHR?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Only if you are booked on an economy ticket.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:55 am
Gus

I have just looked at the BR web site/ Evergreen Club/ Silver card and I note they have made some changes from June 21st, but I cannot see where it states that Silver cardholders travelling in economy cannot use non-Eva lounges.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:26 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by Gus
I have just looked at the BR web site/ Evergreen Club/ Silver card and I note they have made some changes from June 21st, but I cannot see where it states that Silver cardholders travelling in economy cannot use non-Eva lounges.
Looks like the website has not been updated in respect of the July 1st changes....

I suppose it doesn't exactly look good if visitors see an audit trail of the chipping away that's gone on. Perhaps they'll wait until after the event and revise accordingly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.