Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for flight change due to Typhoon?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Miles for flight change due to Typhoon?

My Wednesday flight on EVA was cancelled due to Typhoon Talim. They offered to fly me out on Monday, and I said that wouldn't work, and I would rather cancel instead. I was only going to be gone a week.

Since I was only changing planes in TPE, I had other options. Eventually they put me on KE. I am still on EVA for the return flight.

Questions:

1) I booked Elite class but only received Economy class on KE (they don't have premium economy on KE). Am I entitled to a refund of the fare difference?

2) Do I still get EVA miles for the flight? If I had booked KE originally, I don't think I could have earned EVA miles.

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by richmke
My Wednesday flight on EVA was cancelled due to Typhoon Talim. They offered to fly me out on Monday, and I said that wouldn't work, and I would rather cancel instead. I was only going to be gone a week.

Since I was only changing planes in TPE, I had other options. Eventually they put me on KE. I am still on EVA for the return flight.

Questions:

1) I booked Elite class but only received Economy class on KE (they don't have premium economy on KE). Am I entitled to a refund of the fare difference?

2) Do I still get EVA miles for the flight? If I had booked KE originally, I don't think I could have earned EVA miles.

Thanks.
You can try to get a refund but I highly doubt they will issue one as the flight was cancelled for weather and you refused their offer to fly you out on Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.