Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Steps to Redeem Award Flight for Two Passengers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:02 am
Original Poster

I'm looking to book a flight for myself and one other passenger using miles (via Citi ThankYou points). The EVA website indicates that these tickets are 75,000 miles each. These seem to be the necessary steps, but I wanted to confirm with more experienced flyers since it seems unnecessarily cumbersome.

- Citi ThankYou account is under Passenger 1's name, so must transfer 150,000 points to Passenger 1's Infinity MileageLands account.

- Complete and fax in "nominee" form so that Passenger 1 can transfer necessary miles to Passenger 2.

- Passenger 1 transfers 75,000 miles to Passenger 2 (now each passenger has 75,000 miles

- Book flight for both passengers together using the miles in each passenger's account

Is this correct? Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by jetset415
I'm looking to book a flight for myself and one other passenger using miles (via Citi ThankYou points). The EVA website indicates that these tickets are 75,000 miles each. These seem to be the necessary steps, but I wanted to confirm with more experienced flyers since it seems unnecessarily cumbersome.

- Citi ThankYou account is under Passenger 1's name, so must transfer 150,000 points to Passenger 1's Infinity MileageLands account.

- Complete and fax in "nominee" form so that Passenger 1 can transfer necessary miles to Passenger 2.

- Passenger 1 transfers 75,000 miles to Passenger 2 (now each passenger has 75,000 miles

- Book flight for both passengers together using the miles in each passenger's account

You can redeem for another passenger using your own account. Just transfer all points to your account, then redeem 75,000 for yourself and 75,000 for passenger 2. (For future reference, you can redeem for others even if you're not flying yourself.)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave510
You can redeem for another passenger using your own account. Just transfer all points to your account, then redeem 75,000 for yourself and 75,000 for passenger 2. (For future reference, you can redeem for others even if you're not flying yourself.)
Although this is true for most airlines, EVA doesn't seem to allow this. I have 150k miles in one account, and it won't let me book the ticket for the other person.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by jetset415

I only have 1 or 2 experience booking using BR miles, but what you described here is what I did. Do note that it might take some time for the nominee to be completed.

Also, at the time I created my account, there was 1000 free miles. You can only use miles from self or from other person. So person 1 only requires 74000 miles plus the 1000 free miles (if you have them), but person 2 cannot combine the miles from person 1 with the free miles (from person 2).

For booking of flight, I simply add additional passengers, however, each passenger needs to have their own account and miles in their own account, so they are together in the same PNR. Instead of making separate reservations for each passenger.

Lastly, you can create the accounts first and try to search for award availability, for 2 passengers, before you do the actual transfer of miles. To do the nominee, you also need the accounts created. You can also complete the nominee process before transfer of miles.
jetset415 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.