My EVA Royal Laurel experience

Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Yes, all BR, all one ticket. I just want to make sure to get to HKG on time so I don't miss the party
TPE BR staff are generally quite proactive at handling connections (I would say close to or on-par with Japanese NRT staff) since they are now doing a lot of them and it's in their best interest to make sure you make your connection.

Frequently there are signs to direct customers where to go, and in recent experience on a delayed flight FAs moved up pax with tight connections from Y to empty seats in J to expedite plane exit.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: Asiamiles, OZ Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by akalra1187
I apologise if Mongoloid is a offensive term, I didn't mean it that way. I will say those with smaller builds.

I'm an Arayan and proud, I don't know what else I'd call myself in traditional race terms.

Small Mongoloids and Tall Proud Aryans. Guess we are still in 1940 with Hitler in power.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by bj27
TPE BR staff are generally quite proactive at handling connections (I would say close to or on-par with Japanese NRT staff) since they are now doing a lot of them and it's in their best interest to make sure you make your connection.

Frequently there are signs to direct customers where to go, and in recent experience on a delayed flight FAs moved up pax with tight connections from Y to empty seats in J to expedite plane exit.
Already in J ^
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by bj27

There are. I remember getting off a flight from SIN-TPE and agents were standing right outside the jetway and flagging pax over to the connecting YYZ flight which was parked next door. Pretty efficient. I had been worried about the 55 minute connection (and rebooking 3 in J) so had changed my flight to the next day but it was not necessary ...all worked out though as I got another fix of Din Tai Fung annd a visit the BR Infinity lounge - I thought it was great - like being in a disco with self-serve ice-cream
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by NoTravelIsFree
There are. I remember getting off a flight from SIN-TPE and agents were standing right outside the jetway and flagging pax over to the connecting YYZ flight which was parked next door. Pretty efficient. I had been worried about the 55 minute connection (and rebooking 3 in J) so had changed my flight to the next day but it was not necessary ...all worked out though as I got another fix of Din Tai Fung annd a visit the BR Infinity lounge - I thought it was great - like being in a disco with self-serve ice-cream
Glad to hear. I feel like TPE is always getting better in this aspect -- they are well-staffed during busy flight bank times to direct customers where to go. I appreciate that they proactively monitor flight connections and take appropriate actions. You'd be hard-pressed to find similar service in North America.

I remember on a 45 minute Delta-Delta connection at DTW my 1st flight was delayed 20 minutes so I had 25 minutes to make the connection --and then my bag had to be gate checked so it really left 15 as I spent 10 minutes waiting for my bag. A long and sweaty sprint from the B gates underground to the far end of A gates made me the last pax to board. Granted I'm sure Delta doesn't have the capacity to do this sort of stuff at DTW (DL does do it at NRT!).

I do love the self-serve Movenpick ice cream at the Infinity lounge 3 scoops of caramelita, please!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:19 pm

oh yes, BR is really good about connecting you to your next flight.

I happen to arrive back into Taiwan the day T2 completely flooded. I flew China Airlines, we basically parked by the cargo area, waited an hour for someone to deboard us. We entered into the empty terminal, no power, no lights no nothing. There were like 7-10 BR agents asking everyone if they had a BR connecting flight, to talk to them. Not a single CI agent. My dad who has a connecting flight back to the states had no idea where to go. not a single CI agent in site. There was no working board to see what gate his plane was going to be at. He ended up asking a BR agent for help to which they guided him to the correct gate.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by BuBu4
oh yes, BR is really good about connecting you to your next flight.
^^^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.