Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Eva business class using United miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:59 am

is there any pattern to BR availability beyond the T-14 window?

I found a random date all the way like 3 months away, but only that one day among the entire month has BR availability in J. Wondering if it is a glitch.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:18 pm

Hi There, I realize that not many people were getting the "Error !" without a code, but today, for the first time, I got the Error Code 511, which says that Upgrade is not Available. This makes me so happy because now at least it appears that the website is working like it is supposed to and I may have a shot of getting the upgrade should availability become available. I complained to United, the Better Business Bureau, and Star Alliance. I'm not sure which one worked to encourage the fixing of the site after 3 months of trying. Yippee!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:08 am
BHC

I'm getting the same "Error !" message from United's SAUA site. I have confirmed with Eva Air that there are 8 (EIGHT) Z class upgrade availability on my flight. I booked using the eligible B class fare. As I also have enough Aeroplan miles, I even tried AP's SAUA site. It shows upgrade available for my flight but when I proceed to confirm the upgrade, I also get an error message from Aeroplan "error code 057.SAU". Is the upgrade system broken? I'm getting errors on 2 separate Star Alliance partners...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I've been seeing lot of availability on the IAH-TPE lane before T-14. Certainly T-14 the award capacity is high.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:47 pm

Just any FYI, there is a HUGE amount of J availability right now all the way into July 2017. Check ORD for example. Almost every single day in June.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:08 pm
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
They are phantom and it's a known issue. Change to 2 adults and see the real inventory!

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Just any FYI, there is a HUGE amount of J availability right now all the way into July 2017. Check ORD for example. Almost every single day in June.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mdanner423
They are phantom and it's a known issue. Change to 2 adults and see the real inventory!
Are you sure? I was searching for 2. I just booked DFW-(UA Y)-ORD-(BR J)-TPE-(BR J)-BKK for 2 people. ORD hard availability 25/30 days of June.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:05 pm

It's true, there's plenty of availability on EVA using United miles now (at least from SFO)
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:25 pm

We often use UA miles for BR royal laurel service. JFK to Taipei and/or Bkk.

For the lowest mileage award (80K one way), inventory usually only available 48-72 hrs out. For the higher 175K one way, plenty of inventory months out.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: United
I will be traveling with an INF on EVA- how does that affect my chances of getting a star alliance upgrade with miles+money? Will I be charged with 1 upgrade or 2? Thinking Y/B -> Z/C/J. Thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:01 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
found, booked, and ticketed saver inventory on eva in laurel class 2 months out.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Have close-in release patterns changed? Seeing a lot of ex-US flights that are >D0 (a lot of which are D9) within that window without any I inventory open.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
LAX seems to be okay because there's 3 flights.

IAH is absolutely 0. From what I've been hearing EVA is doing $3500 RT (J)from IAH-TPE-XXX (somewhere short distance from TPE in asia). And than on top of that buy 3 get 1. So really it's $2625 RT/pax per family of 4?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
LAX seems to be okay because there's 3 flights.

IAH is absolutely 0. From what I've been hearing EVA is doing $3500 RT (J)from IAH-TPE-XXX (somewhere short distance from TPE in asia). And than on top of that buy 3 get 1. So really it's $2625 RT/pax per family of 4?
I'm also seeing basically 0 from ORD. It was strange, because they seemed to just stop opening space for flights in the beginning of May. Before that, there was fairly consistent space being opened at T-14 or T-30. Tons of J revenue seats available on the days I want, but starting to think I should just bite the bullet and go the upgrade route.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by linglingfool
I'm also seeing basically 0 from ORD. It was strange, because they seemed to just stop opening space for flights in the beginning of May. Before that, there was fairly consistent space being opened at T-14 or T-30. Tons of J revenue seats available on the days I want, but starting to think I should just bite the bullet and go the upgrade route.
Upgrade is probably better. It took my mom 1 day to clear the waitlist and upgrade during peak season. This was T-3. However, you must constantly check your itinerary since they don't actually inform you, it just says on the itinerary that your booking has changed.

BR is known to be stingy with award seats and sometimes will suddenly cut everyone off, including their own members, if they feel too many are going out and not enough rev pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.