EVA Air E-Ticket Refund Two Months??!

Subscribe
I purchased a refundable ticket on EVA Air recently that I ended up needed to cancel EVA states a two month period is need to process this refund. Yet, according to the HK sales office if it was paper it could be done same day.

Seems odd. Not happy on my end.

Anyone have experience with this?
The last time that I requested a refund on an EVA issued ticket (not using my consolidator), it only took about 10 days until I saw the credit back on my credit card.
Quote: I purchased a refundable ticket on EVA Air recently that I ended up needed to cancel EVA states a two month period is need to process this refund. Yet, according to the HK sales office if it was paper it could be done same day.

Seems odd. Not happy on my end.

Anyone have experience with this?
Paper ticket?
Yeah apparently they still have paper tickets go figure! And faster to refund.
Last month, I requested an e- ticket refund on a SFO - TPE flight. I had purchased the ticket through the EVA website. I did not have a ticket number, so I called the EVA call center and they provided me the number.

I went on the EVA website and filled in their refund request. One week
Later, a full credit was on my credit card. Very efficient and pleased.
Quote: Yeah apparently they still have paper tickets go figure! And faster to refund.
I think IATA went 100% E-tickets in 2008. Back then, EVA had certain exceptions where paper ticket had to be issued. Not sure if these exceptions still exist. They are very rare.
Quote: Last month, I requested an e- ticket refund on a SFO - TPE flight. I had purchased the ticket through the EVA website. I did not have a ticket number, so I called the EVA call center and they provided me the number.

I went on the EVA website and filled in their refund request. One week
Later, a full credit was on my credit card. Very efficient and pleased.

Good to know. I sent in the request via the website on Saturday. So will see how long it takes and update.

Just a personal frustration as a consumer we pay and funds are deducted immediately but when a refund is requested a two month waiting period is a bit much to even suggest. Now that feels better to vent!
Quote: Just a personal frustration as a consumer we pay and funds are deducted immediately but when a refund is requested a two month waiting period is a bit much to even suggest. Now that feels better to vent!
Bizarrely with EVA I've had situations where I've bought a ticket in their own office in VN and they've not even put it through on my CC for 3 or 4 weeks. Then of course I get a while to pay (financed by merchant fees which they don't pass on to me).

So I'm clawing it back on your behalf!
Quote: I think IATA went 100% E-tickets in 2008. Back then, EVA had certain exceptions where paper ticket had to be issued. Not sure if these exceptions still exist. They are very rare.
Many airlines still allow paper tickets, for a fee, even if eticket is available. There are also some rare exceptions, mostly interline with obscure carriers, where paper tickets are required.

Don't know if this will make you feel better, BA refunded my fully refundable eticket business class fare after six months of multiple emails/calls.
They may have forgot.

I just called last week China Southern and they told me they FORGOT to process it. Money is refunded through paypal yesterday.
Well I guess I cant complain too much my hometown airlines CX and KA can take a few weeks to process refunds.
Still takes 2 months?
I recently bought a ticket on EVA website, cancelled it and applied for refund. The confirmation email says it will take 2 months for me to get refund to my credit card. Is it still true in year of 2014?
Quote: I recently bought a ticket on EVA website, cancelled it and applied for refund. The confirmation email says it will take 2 months for me to get refund to my credit card. Is it still true in year of 2014?
A 24-hour cancellation ticket refund this year was posted in 7~10 days. You can follow the refund progress on EVA website.
Quote: A 24-hour cancellation ticket refund this year was posted in 7~10 days. You can follow the refund progress on EVA website.
Thanks! I see refund back to my credit card in 12 business days.
Data point: Booked ticket on EVA website in early July, canceled ticket in late July, refund to my AMEX took 8 days