Grand Voyageur (SNCF)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by aleinvolo
I have had the GV card in the past, but used only for access to GV salon à la Gare de Paris Lyon (not very nice lounge, but free coffee and tea)
Yes the GV lounges aren't special, but they are comfortable. Tea, coffee, newspapers and electrical ports. It's a quiet place to sit down and do email.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
bump...

Is there really a strict residency requirement, or can etrangers somehow enroll?
Old Oct 18, 2009, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

They need an address of some sort, since they send the card by mail. But I'm not sure if the address can be outside of France or not. Why not just try to register?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: Many
I have just noticed the following with my GV account :
1 - I have bought a mix TGV tickets (Loisirs and Pro fares)
2 - Since my meeting has been re-scheduled, I have cancelled these tickets online, and sucessfully received the confirmation e-mail informing me that I have 2 months after the cancellation date to bring back the ticket to a SNCF counter and get the money back
3 - The cancellation occured 3 weeks ago and I still have not been to a counter to give back the tickets
4 - Today I log in to my GV account and the Smiles of the cancelled tickets have been credited

Since my travel schedule is always changing, I have done that cancellation process dozens of times. It always worked perfectly.

But I have never noticed that the Smiles could post, probably because I always bring back the tickets to the counter 2 or 3 days after the cancellation, if not immediatly.

Indeed, GV rules state that the Smiles are posted on the account 7 days after the trip is completed.

Questions :
- Will the Smiles be taken off from my account when I will bring back the ticket?
- Will I get the refund if the miles got posted?

If it is a computer glitch, what a great one. I already have many Smiles in my account but that would be a great way to pay for free tickets.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've never noticed that Smiles get credited before travel. But I never sortie les billets before I actually travel. So when I have to cancel, the ticket is still electronic only.

Interesting. Hmmmm.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 2:37 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Actually the Smiles get credited after the travel dates, which seems normal to me. But the fact is that the travel never occured because I cancelled the tickets before it should occur.

And since I did not physically bring back the ticket (I do not use e-tickets), the Smiles posted.

I will try to get them refunded this week and let spend another 8 days to see if the Smiles will be taken off my account.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 9:47 am

I have brought back the tickets to the desk, got the full refund to my credit card and for the moment, the Smiles are still there...
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by bodory
I have brought back the tickets to the desk, got the full refund to my credit card and for the moment, the Smiles are still there...
The Smiles are still there.
Definitely there is a loophole in the system.

That is fantastic news !
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I would be very careful with this. I am sure if the total Smiles outstanding balance increases significantly without cause, someone accountant will eventually investigate.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:38 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Sure. But in order to get 3000 Smiles for free, one has to cash 1000 EUR and wait some days to bring back the tickets. I am not sure many people will be tempted to cheat that often.

It has applied to my case because it happens I frequently change/refund my non e-tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.