Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Danish Railways and European trips

Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Many European railways (e.g. Deutsche Bahn, OeBB etc) offer reduced price one-way trips within Europe (called "Eurospar" tarif in the Germanic world).

Do the Danish railways offer something similar? If yes, where can I find the details or make a booking? A URL would be very helpful.

Alternatively, what is the cheapest way to travel from Kastrup (Copenhagen airport) to either Kiel or Hamburg in Germany?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
Many European railways (e.g. Deutsche Bahn, OeBB etc) offer reduced price one-way trips within Europe (called "Eurospar" tarif in the Germanic world).

Do the Danish railways offer something similar? If yes, where can I find the details or make a booking? A URL would be very helpful.

Alternatively, what is the cheapest way to travel from Kastrup (Copenhagen airport) to either Kiel or Hamburg in Germany?
You can buy a Europa-sparpreis ticket from Denmark to Germany on the DB website.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Track
You can buy a Europa-sparpreis ticket from Denmark to Germany on the DB website.
Thanks. Actually, my final destination is Vienna and I would rather avoid buying two separate tickets, which is what I would have to do if I have to buy CPH>HAM + HAM>VIE.

Hence, I would rather locate the page where I can buy tickets to European destinations on the Danish Railway site. Can you help?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by puchong
Thanks. Actually, my final destination is Vienna and I would rather avoid buying two separate tickets, which is what I would have to do if I have to buy CPH>HAM + HAM>VIE.

Hence, I would rather locate the page where I can buy tickets to European destinations on the Danish Railway site. Can you help?
This is the link on DSB - but IMHO you would still be better using DB to buy one ticket from Copenhagen-Vienna as it's easier to navigate and has more options.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farci
This is the link on DSB - but IMHO you would still be better using DB to buy one ticket from Copenhagen-Vienna as it's easier to navigate and has more options.
Thank You! In the DB site however, I seem to be able to do either from or to Germany but not from a foreign station (Copenhagen) to another foreign station (Vienna). What am I missing here?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:20 am

No, for the DB bookings you need to either start or end your trip in Germany. If you want to book everything in one booking then you can also go on the ÖBB website (tickets.oebb.at). There you can get Sparschiene tickets for those connections with change in Hamburg and Nuremberg/Würzburg (I think you will only get the ticket for those connections and the one involving the night train from Hamburg to Vienna - most other connections listed in the result cannot be booked in one ticket on the website. The lowest price for the day trip starts at 79€ as far as I know.

Edit: Alternative what you can do is book a DB ticket to Passau and then book a DB/ÖBB ticket from Passau to Vienna for the same train that you arrive in at Passau (Frankfurt-Vienna).

Last edited by Arctifox; Jun 23, 2017 at 10:22 am Reason: Additional possibility

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.