Wiki Posts
Search

Belgian Trains

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO, UA Premier
Belgian Trains

Traveling soon to France and Belgium. Very excited to be taking the Thalys and TGV and already have tix for them. For my domestic legs in Belgium, do I need advance tickets and seat reservations or do I just get my ticket whenever I show up at the station and then walk onboard to any seat that I want? Thanks!
Old May 6, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
The latter. For Belgian domestic trips, no reservations are possible and fares are fixed with no reduction for buying in advance. But you can buy online--for a specific day, not a specific train--if you want to avoid having to spend time buying at the station. http://www.belgianrail.be/en/
Old May 26, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Another useful tip for people traveling domestically by train in Belgium might, depending on how many legs you actually travel and how many people you are, be to consider buying a RailPass, which gives you 10 person-journeys at a very affordable fixed price of 77 EUR in 2nd and 118 EUR in 1st class, and may be a bit cheaper than buying individual tickets, even if you don't use all trips.

Once you buy the pass, you'll receive a ticket with 10 blank lines. You simply fill in one line per person and trip, the entire thing is valid for all connections within Belgium except for ICE and THA rides.

More information is available here: http://www.belgianrail.be/en/travel-...rail-pass.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.