Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Braunschweig to Berlin ICE Construction - does it impact IC/ENO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Dear FTers,

What's up with the trains from Brauschweig to Berlin?

In searching for a one-way ticket, the 0-stop ICE's between the two cities list themselves as 1.5-hour rides with alerts saying there'll be an hour's delay due to construction. (So, 2.5 hours total, I guess?)

However, the "regular" ENO & IC trains with 1-2 connections don't say anything about construction. They just say they'll take 2-2.5 hours to get to Berlin, period.

Do they run on separate tracks and therefore non-ICE trains aren't impacted by construction or something?

Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:51 pm
qpr

You can read german?

http://bauarbeiten.bahn.de/niedersachsen-bremen

Click on ICE 11 and 12 and youŽll get the latest informations about delays on this route.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately, I don't. Also, do you have enough local knowledge to answer my original question about whether ICE delays impact IC/ENO train schedules? I was hoping to buy my tickets tonight or tomorrow - thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 9:06 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by kitkatft
Dear FTers,

What's up with the trains from Brauschweig to Berlin?

In searching for a one-way ticket, the 0-stop ICE's between the two cities list themselves as 1.5-hour rides with alerts saying there'll be an hour's delay due to construction. (So, 2.5 hours total, I guess?)

However, the "regular" ENO & IC trains with 1-2 connections don't say anything about construction. They just say they'll take 2-2.5 hours to get to Berlin, period.

Do they run on separate tracks and therefore non-ICE trains aren't impacted by construction or something?

Thanks a lot!
Wolfsburg (where you would change on the ENO/IC(E)-connection) is not on the direct line between Braunschweig and Berlin, thus journeys routed by way of Wolfsburg would not be affected by construction work on the direct line from Braunschweig.

So two entirely different train lines.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:32 am
Original Poster

THANK YOU!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.