Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chisinau Kiev train / bus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Chisinau Kiev train / bus

Ive checked thetrainline-europe.com and there are several train departure times from Chisinau. My question is where to buy the tickets? I am able to buy intra Ukraine tickets via ukrainian rail website but I'm unable to find where I can purchase this type of ticket. Of course they'll sell them at Chisinau train station but I was hoping to buy in advance

Any advice welcome. Also considering a bus if that option exists.

Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by ragerforever
Ive checked thetrainline-europe.com and there are several train departure times from Chisinau. My question is where to buy the tickets? I am able to buy intra Ukraine tickets via ukrainian rail website but I'm unable to find where I can purchase this type of ticket. Of course they'll sell them at Chisinau train station but I was hoping to buy in advance

Any advice welcome. Also considering a bus if that option exists.

Thanks
The Chisinau-Kiev trains all continue on to Russia, and I doubt they are running, although the Ukrainian railway might have replaced the one or the other with a Chisinau-Kiev service. There's always the Chisinau-Odessa and Odessa-Kiev trains you could take. in either case I would just buy the ticket in Chisinau.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Track
The Chisinau-Kiev trains all continue on to Russia, and I doubt they are running, although the Ukrainian railway might have replaced the one or the other with a Chisinau-Kiev service. There's always the Chisinau-Odessa and Odessa-Kiev trains you could take. in either case I would just buy the ticket in Chisinau.
Great. Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
The Chisinau-Kiev trains all continue on to Russia, and I doubt they are running
There are no major disruptions in rail service between Russia and Central/Western Ukraine. RZD (Russian Railways) still operates trains from Moscow to Chisinau via Kiev and the Ukrainial Rail probably does too.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Temedar
There are no major disruptions in rail service between Russia and Central/Western Ukraine. RZD (Russian Railways) still operates trains from Moscow to Chisinau via Kiev and the Ukrainial Rail probably does too.
This is good to hear, if a bit surprising. I expected all traffic across the Russian/Ukrainian border to be problematic, if not interrupted. Hafas (bahn.de) continues to show many trains between Kiev and Moscow, but it's usually late in updating eastern-European schedules, so we can't tell from there what's happening. The question that arises now is what does this tell us about Ukrainian policy towards Russia. Are all three trains from Moldova to Russia running regularly, and can you tell whether the Chisinau-Przemysl car is running in the one of the Moscow trains? Thanks for the information.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:20 am

The border crossing has surely become more problematic, but the trains are still running.
RZD's site shows two daily trains from Moscow to Chisinau, not sure about the 3rd (Ukranian one?). It seems there's no Przemysl car on those two trains
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:15 pm

The border crossing has surely become more problematic, but the trains are still running.
RZD's site shows two daily trains from Moscow to Chisinau, not sure about the 3rd (Ukranian one?). It seems there's no Przemysl car on those two trains
The third is a St. Peterburg-Chisinau train that runs every other day via Zhytomyr and Orsha. Is it running?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:34 am

The third is a St. Peterburg-Chisinau train that runs every other day via Zhytomyr and Orsha. Is it running?
Yes (at least in August) and the schedule is still the same.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:36 pm

Yes (at least in August) and the schedule is still the same.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.