Search

Chisinau to Bucharest

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Glad to hear your trip went all fine!

Bucharest's Gara de Nord (and taxi's in general) can be quite notorious for non-Romanian speaking people
I could imagine so!

Adventureadam, I quite liked Chisinau, people were very friendly to us, we had no problems being obvious tourists and we weren't hassled by anyone. The city is very easy to navigate around, and it's all quite accessible by foot. There are also a few good wine tours you can go on as well!

Don't forget to do at least a day trip to Tiraspol, Transnistria as well!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
I agree as well. While not a city I would visit in itself, Chisinau isn't bad. Certainly in the warmer months it's a good place, with lots of nice parks for a gentle stroll. But it's what's around the city that matters.

Milestii Mici has the biggest underground wine cellars in the world (it really is huge). Then there is Cricova, and a few dozen smaller wineries all worth a visit if into great wines.

The monastery complex at Orheiul Vechi is not only the main historical sight of the country, but also naturally quite stunning located. Easy daytrip 50 or so km away.

Transnistria, also easily done on a day trip, is great as a kind of open air museum of how a communist/maffia run breakaway republic looks like. Think funny currency, Lenin statues, and war monuments with huge tanks.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:00 pm

Thanks to you both!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:37 am

Hello all,
I am thinking to take the train Chis to Buch, as i have a flight to catch from OTP & 11:00, is 5 hours enough time? Is the train usually on time or is this s stretch?
Thanks
Dan
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by tecate19x
Hello all,
I am thinking to take the train Chis to Buch, as i have a flight to catch from OTP & 11:00, is 5 hours enough time? Is the train usually on time or is this s stretch?
Thanks
Dan
Its a - from a Romanian perspective! - normally quite punctual. I've never arrived later than some 15-30 mins behind schedule.

Even with a 2 hour delay you should still be comfortably safe.

It takes about 45 mins-an hour to get to the airport (less in weekends). Either take a taxi or direct bus 783 (buy tickets at a kiosk next to the bus stop).

if taking a taxi - do NOT go into one waiting at the station or worse - with a cab driver approaching you at the station. You will most likely get ripped off.

Order one from the official taxi ordering machines - just follow the signs. Standard rate should be 1.39 RON per km so never more than 30 RON to the airport. The receipt lists the car number/licence plate.

Alternatively, Uber works like a charm in Bucharest.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:48 am

Thank you for the reply! I will do just that!

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Its a - from a Romanian perspective! - normally quite punctual. I've never arrived later than some 15-30 mins behind schedule.

Even with a 2 hour delay you should still be comfortably safe.

It takes about 45 mins-an hour to get to the airport (less in weekends). Either take a taxi or direct bus 783 (buy tickets at a kiosk next to the bus stop).

if taking a taxi - do NOT go into one waiting at the station or worse - with a cab driver approaching you at the station. You will most likely get ripped off.

Order one from the official taxi ordering machines - just follow the signs. Standard rate should be 1.39 RON per km so never more than 30 RON to the airport. The receipt lists the car number/licence plate.

Alternatively, Uber works like a charm in Bucharest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.