Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Zurich-Bernina Express-Milan-Venice, in one day?

Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:49 am
Suspended

He shuld read the the infos on the oebb.at, sbb.ch, db.de ...

for example i miss that information: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25226029-post65.html
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:10 am

fwiw we bought Europa-Speziale tickets from Freiburg with a stop in Zurich just as seat61 suggested and we had no problems at all. The barcodes scanned fine in Switzerland on all three trains we used.

On the Bernina Express the conductor needed to have the seat reservations pointed out on the ticket as he was expecting separate rhb reservations (which is actually a good idea because our seats were assigned automatically but on rhb you can select them) but once he saw them it was OK.

So I can highly recommend the seat61 trick for booking the Bernina Express on the cheap. It saved us LOADS of money.

Everyone loved the Bernina pass and we had a great trip. (Actually two of us are still on the trip and trying to figure out what's up with trains in Austria right now but that's another story).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.