TGV Lyria Zurich-Paris

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TGV Lyria Zurich-Paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: Still working on being loyal
I haven't taken this trip via train. But a few months back a buddy and I rented and drove from Zurich-Munich (Oktoberfest)-Stuttgart (Porsche Factory) - Paris (Paris Auto Show) -Monaco - Milan - Zurich.

Everyone - including every single person in my extended family, whom have all traveled extensively in Europe, told us to take the trains. Naturally, I ignored all that (and like to drive) and rented a BMW M4 convertible from SIXT. Turned on "avoid toll roads" on the GPS, and we had our own Top Gear worthy road trip for two weeks. Got to see so much more, and drive some amazing roads.

Some of my favorites for what it's worth - driving the Swiss Alps, taking the new 911 on the autobahn - Porsche is great, they have the quickest no speed limit segment programmed into the GPS for you when you leave the factory, the Black Forrest at dusk in Germany, French countryside for half a day, Monte Blanc Tunnel, and the Italian Lakes and taking the car on the ferry.

One of these days I'll be sorting through the 2 weeks worth of GoPro footage we took and will post it up on FlyerTalk.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:31 pm
Suspended

haha dont forgett the fee for the highway, toll, parking fee, city tax,... and the hight Fuel Price in many Country.
(In Germany you need an "Umweltplakette" to enter the City with a Car.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.