Wiki Posts
Search

"dumb" question for buying rail ticket in vienna

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:43 am
Original Poster

"dumb" question for buying rail ticket in vienna

Hi.
It may be a "dumb" question but I am no rail user so....

I am travelling from Vienna to Salzburg next week. I want to buy the ticket from the Westbahnhof directly.

Question:
When buying a ticket online it would cost 19€ for a specific train or over 50€ and I can choose.

When buying the ticket on-site lets say 10 minutes before the train leaves, does it cost 19€ too or more? (train in the evening)
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:55 am

Buying on site from OEBB you will pay the standard price, so approximately 50€. The 19€ fare is an online-only subject-to-availability offer you have to purchase in advance.

There is an alternative though: Take the Westbahn and you can travel from Vienna to Salzburg for only 24€, even when bought on the train itself. Just hop on and ask the conductor for a ticket. See their website for a timetable (www.westbahn.at)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.