Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

CNL: Comfortline vs Double-decker

Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know where to find a list of which CNL trains are Comfortline trains and which are double decker trains? I'm specifically looking to travel from Milan to Munich, but I'm generally interested in which routes have the double decker trains since the deluxe sleeper cars look so much nicer on those ones. Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Citynightline stopped using the double-decker carriages as of the timetable change in December 2014 (at the same time as sadly cutting all services to/from Paris and Copenhagen). So, I think all remaining services are using the Comfortline sleepers. There is a list here - which doesn't show Milan-Munich at all, but I think that service is still running (presumably also using Comfortline).

BB also had a number of double-decker sleepers - so if they're still using them, you might be able to travel on one of theirs - but I don't know which routes they're on. You might be able to work it out from the vagonweb site.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:56 pm

Milan-Munich, of course, is just a set of cars attached to various trains as it travels to Verona and then to Munich. When I traveled in 2013, it was single-level cars.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses! I'm sad that the CNL double-decker carriages are no more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.