Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Salzburg to Zurich - Thoughts on these seats?

Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT

This is the train going from Salzburg to Zurich. Railjet. It goes through Buchs, changes directions and then on to Zurich.

We've never done train travel and are not sure how comfortable we'd be with facing the "wrong" direction when the train is traveling. Specifically, facing the direction of where we came from instead of where we are going. With these seats at least one of us would be OK.

I do wonder though about the "mini kitchen" right there by the seat. I'm assuming it is used for food prep for the car. Our other choice is a different car where we seat next to each other but will, on some part of the trip, be facing "the wrong way"

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Rear-facing seating is very common, and not a problem for most. The only time you're likely to notice anything "strange" is during periods of acceleration or deceleration, which will be when you're pulling into/out of a station, but you quickly get used to it. When traveling with someone else, I much prefer this style of seating, as it's more private than sitting across a table from a couple of strangers, and you both have direct aisle access.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
if you get dizzy on planes or when somebody else drives then rear seating is NOT for you. I have always had a problem with all of the above.
On the other hand, recently I flew on UA and sat seating backwards and it was fine except for those few moments during take off and landing.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:30 am
Suspended

haha i set in the opposite of this seats right now *gg*.
I'm assuming it is used for food prep for the car.
There is no free food in the Business Class! The Galley is just Empty and the store just some Newspaper for the First and Business Class there.

And you have from the Boarder to Salzburg (- Vienna) free Wifi and free Power (230V!)
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:11 am

Hey.. i will be in salzburg for 10 days including one trip each to vienna and graz two day each. So i will be getting a weekend at salzvurg during next month. Can anybody suggest what things xab be bought from austria which are cheaper than they are back home in india.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:32 pm
Suspended

what did you mean?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.