Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Train Lviv to Budapest Aug 2nd

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Train Lviv to Budapest Aug 2nd

Hi I am looking to figure out how to book a train from LVIV to Budapest on August 2nd.

Any advice I should follow?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
There should be one direct train a day - depart Lviv 21:14, arrive Budapest 11:20 the next morning. Further information is available on the MAV (Hungarian Railways) website: Lvov (Lviv, Lemberg) (in Hungarian). It seems there are a couple of through sleeper cars, but no through seats or couchette cars. The MAV website only shows prices for Budapest-Lviv (€34 second class, one-way, plus €15 for a berth in a 3-berth compartment, or €23 for a berth in a 2-berth compartment). However, I would guess that prices Lviv-Budapest are comparable.

I don't think this route can be booked online via either the MAV or the UZ websites. So, you would either need to phone UZ, or try a rail travel agent. For example, Polrail, a Polish agency, should be able to book this ticket and deliver it by post. Some Ukrainian rail travel agent options are listed on Seat61: How to buy tickets (in Ukraine). Alternatively, if you'll be in Ukraine some days/weeks in advance, you should presumably be able to buy the ticket from any major UZ station...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.