Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Night Train Milan to Vienna?

Night Train Milan to Vienna?

Old May 1, 2014, 10:44 am
Suspended

i dont know what kind of car or company it is. The ÖBB buy the same car who the CNL use maybe its the same.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by ToGo
if it is an cnl car it could be:
http://www.citynightline.de/citynigh...ock_deluxe.jpg

Try in google "CNL Deluxe".
Originally Posted by LucWise
Does CNL operate the trains between Milan and Vienna???
No....

It appears LucWise is referring to EN481, which is a Euronight train operated by ÖBB.

Does anyone know of any photos/videos of the deluxe sleeper cabin that includes the shower/WC?
The carriage order can be found on Vagonweb.cz's EN234 page (look under the Venezia Mestre - Wien Miedling section; although it seems that when it leaves Milan, EN481 is attached to CNL40484 Milan-Munich).

Vagonweb also has pictures of the WLABmz 75-71.4 sleeper carriage used on EN481 - although not anything that shows the deluxe compartment. However, assuming it is the same type of carriage as used on ÖBB's Wien-Köln service, then there are photos on Seat61's 'Cologne to Vienna' page.

To be honest, it doesn't look that different to Citynightline's Comfortline sleepers - but that is quite different to the double-decker ones...
Old May 1, 2014, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Unless one has a fisheye or one of those super wide angle lenses, it is hard to take a photo inside the CNL sleeper cabins.

The bathroom isn't exactly spacious but it has enough room. Shower stall is furthest away from the corridor. Shower head also doubles as the sink faucet. Toilet by the corridor wall. I think the sink swivels into the shower stall when not in use. There's a safety bar in the shower stall. Use it when the train is in motion so you don't fall out.

The cabin is set up for 3 bunks though generally only two are used. There's bag storage space above the bathroom and above the corridor. There may be some space by the door connecting to the adjacent cabin, but that takes away a seat. If you fold up the top/middle bed and the bottom one, the latter turns into a 3-seat bench. There's a table that folds out for breakfast. The fold down seat by the connecting door is for the 3rd passenger (if any).
Old May 1, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Great info! Thanks! Anyone know how long and wide the beds are?
Old May 1, 2014, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I'll have to say standard length - rail carriages are only so wide. As for width, 3 of them will fit floor to ceiling. Twin bed size (north america) - 75 cm, maybe 85?
Old May 2, 2014, 6:23 am
Suspended

the last time i was taking an night train the bas was very slim and it feel like a bed in a jail...
Old May 2, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Assuming the carriages are basically the same as the Comfortline ones used by CNL (which, judging by the Seat61 photos and YVR Cockroach's description, they are) then according to the CNL carriage layout, the sizes are:
Lower bed: 190cm x 75cm
Middle bed: 190cm x 75cm
Upper beds: 200cm x 65cm

I think if the compartment is in 2-berth configuration, you'd be using the lower and middle berths (not the lower and upper, as would be the case on the WLAB 822 sleepers used in various eastern European countries).
Old May 2, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
There's actually a seperate position so that the middle bunk is used but it's higher up the wall than it would be in the three berth configuration and thus the bottom bunk gets more headroom.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ToGo
Normaly a Hotel and a Flight is Cheaper.
Would having a Eurail Pass make it any cheaper?

On the Britrail Pass for example, the Scotrail Caledonian Sleeper train service only costs an extra £35 for the bed.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

On the Britrail Pass for example, the Scotrail Caledonian Sleeper train service only costs an extra £35 for the bed.
Yes, with a Eurail Pass you will only need to pay the passholder upcharge. On sleeper trains, this amount tends not to vary based on how early it is booked. For example, on CNL sleepers, a passholder can book a first class sleeper for 75 Euros per person even if booked at the last minute, which is the same price as is offered when inventory is first offered 90 days in advance of travel (with the caveat that space may sell out). In contrast, when paying the standard fares, different prices apply based on how many discount fares are made available.

I don't know about this particular sleeper, but on CNL sleepers the passholder upcharge by itself can be booked on line by checking appropriate boxes on the DB website. You don't even need your pass in hand to make the booking, although of course it will be needed on the day of travel.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:46 am
Suspended

http://www.eurail.com/plan-your-trip...servation-fees

So in my Case i looking for an Railpass for Japan and i see its very expensive.
The problem is the Pass (JP/ EU) are valide whitout any brake so it mean you have no Time to Stay in a City and the Ticket for Local Transport in the City is not include. So in many case the Pass is more expencive than some flight and/ or Advance Booking Tickets.

If you not an hardcore Backpacker you can save more money with normal Tickets and Flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.