BRU diabolo fee

Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus *S
Originally Posted by DevilsX
Do you think I can get some sort of prepaid debit card like proton there without a higher fee?
I think you may be mistaken here, proton is a service (part of a debit card) which is basically used only for smaller payments in things like bakeries, butcheries, sometimes at bars/pubs, etc.
As far as I know, there is no such service here though.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL
Ahh. Too bad.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by WC_EEND
I don't think there's any atm here in Belgium which accepts a pin longer than 4 digits. This being because a 4-digit pin is the standard across Europe as far as I know.
Wrong. I have used for instance a non-Belgian (but European) Visa credit card with a 6-number pin in Belgium to get cash.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus *S
Originally Posted by Koby
Wrong. I have used for instance a non-Belgian (but European) Visa credit card with a 6-number pin in Belgium to get cash.
well yeah, I have no experience with a 6-number pin card, I sort of assumed since I have always only had 4 fields to enter my 4-number pin, it didn't accept longer pins. Still, I stand corrected on the matter.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL
I used a 8 digit pin US card at BNP Paribas and had no luck.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:38 am

STIB 1-day ticket valid?

Hello,
I would like to know if a STIB 1-day ticket is valid for Brussels Midi to Brussels Airport trains. I understand there's the Diabolo fee, but do I have to pay anything other than that?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by jamart
Hello,
I would like to know if a STIB 1-day ticket is valid for Brussels Midi to Brussels Airport trains. I understand there's the Diabolo fee, but do I have to pay anything other than that?
They have 2 types of one-day tickets:

* The "Jump" 1 day ticket is valid for all STIB lines (except the bus lines to the airport). It's also valid for the bus lines operated by De Lijn (flemish), TEC (walloon) and on trains, but only within the borders of Brussels (which excludes the airport). So adding the Diabolo fee is not enough, you'll have to buy a ticket to the airport.

* However, a good alternative is the "Discover Brussels" 24h card. It's only valid on the STIB lines (so no trains), but this one does include the 2 bus lines to the airport (12 and 21).

Both cards cost the same: 6€.

Last edited by Koby; Nov 17, 2012 at 10:25 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Koby
There have 2 types of one-day tickets:

* The "Jump" 1 day ticket is valid for all STIB lines (except the bus lines to the airport). It's also valid for the bus lines operated by De Lijn (flemish), TEC (walloon) and on trains, but only within the borders of Brussels (which excludes the airport). So adding the Diabolo fee is not enough, you'll have to buy a ticket to the airport.

* However, a good alternative is the "Discover Brussels" 24h card. It's only valid on the STIB lines (so no trains), but this one does include the 2 bus lines to the airport (12 and 21).

Both cards cost the same: 6.
Thank you for the info.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:38 am

If you want to avoid Diabolo fee, you can take a train to/from Zaventem. Between Zaventem station and the airport, it's a 30 minuten walk.

To the airport, pass the main roundabout to a second roundabout. Cross the street and follow the cycle path to the Terminal.

From the airport, leave the Terminal building on floor 0 towards the bus station. Cross the bus station. Follow the red painted floor to the first roundabout. Turn left, pass along the main roundabout to the station.

Google Maps
Old May 31, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
@fly0815 What a way to revive a 3 year old thread!
30 minute walk to avoid €5 fee? Not sure if frugal or stupid. If you don't want to pay the fee, take the bus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.