Wiki Posts
Search

Bari to Rome

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Bari to Rome

Anyone have experience doing this route? Any suggestions?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by theshaun
Anyone have experience doing this route? Any suggestions?
I rode the train in the opposite direction last year, and there isn't much to say. The route itself is uneventful, and there aren't many through trains each day. I would buy the ticket in advance on trenitalia.com, which isn't all that easy (you have to register first, but I was able to pay with a U.S. credit card). I was taking the ferry to Albania and so had to make sure the train was punctual. In fact it was a bit late, but it seems that the train schedules are co-ordinated with the ferry departures (and arrivals?).
Old Apr 28, 2013, 5:42 pm

if you prebook, you can still pick up the ticket at the train station. it's very simple. usually, it's cheaper to book ahead but it's not that much more to buy day of.

it's not a non stop, so there's a few stops along the way. have fun in apulia.
ciao!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.