Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is it wise to appeal a denied Schengen visa or just reapply with another state?

Is it wise to appeal a denied Schengen visa or just reapply with another state?

Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Did you show them a plane ticket, already purchased, that has you leaving the Schengen area when the three months is up? They want proof that you are going to leave and a plane ticket with a specific date, time, flight should be sufficient. If you haven't booked the plane trip yet or the flight home yet then you should do so and appeal the decision with this latest information.

-RM
Thanks RobOnLI!

Yes i submitted a ticket (paid ticket - two way) with specific dates... but i think i made a mistake in my COE/approved leave because i stated 3 months instead of specific dates. We re-booked my ticket though and still hoping the embassy could give me a visa since i don't have plans n mag TNT naman...

Still crossing fingers! Please help me pray...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:17 pm

Hi xjessie007,

first thank you for this very informative blog that you made. anyways, i am one of those who are not lucky to get visa. i apply last november 6 and received my refusal letter november 26 stating;

1. You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of the intended stay or for the return to the country origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully;

2. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable;

3. Your intension to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

i email the embassy november 28 asking for appeal using your format. december 3, i received a call from italian embassy (filipina voice) saying they received my email and i can send my new document thru email BUT she said "if you refuse again there is a consequence you will be BAN in all schengen countries" when i hear it my whole body was shaking and totally blank. WHY do they ban me? i did not done any wrong and i have good intension. now i have completed all my papers (invitation letter, new forms, new COE and flight details) but i am so so scared to submit because of the consequences. please enlighten me i need your advise i know your the expert on this matter. thank you very much and i appreciate your inputs. God Bless!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:24 pm

I got ''Application Recieved'' stamp on my passport.

Unfortunately I got a rejection from the Belgian consulate in Cairo, last September. the feedback was
- the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided.
- doubts as to the real destination: belgium person states to come to the. according to individual tournament would be held from 29 to 23/09/2012. it goes through on 29 and 30/09/2012
- unclear why person submits an application for 12 days, given the tournament just two days
- doubts about the credibility of the documents submitted hotel reservation. After the check is not made ​​to the hotel. certificates which have to prove that the person has participated in previous tournaments
- You have not demonstrated sufficient middlen of subsistence, both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to their country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country where you is certain to be admitted, or ability to condition such means lawfully obtain
1- no evidence of sufficient resources of the applicant.
2- no or insufficient evidence of financial coverage for the stay
and etc.

The purpose of my trip was a Kickbox Tournament, But this time I'm applying for a student visa to Spain.
the question is ; Is it guaranteed this time either to get a refusal stamp once again ? or what is your advice to get through.

Sincerely,
Maaz
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by kytee
Hi xjessie007,

first thank you for this very informative blog that you made. anyways, i am one of those who are not lucky to get visa. i apply last november 6 and received my refusal letter november 26 stating;

1. You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of the intended stay or for the return to the country origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully;

2. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable;

3. Your intension to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

i email the embassy november 28 asking for appeal using your format. december 3, i received a call from italian embassy (filipina voice) saying they received my email and i can send my new document thru email BUT she said "if you refuse again there is a consequence you will be BAN in all schengen countries" when i hear it my whole body was shaking and totally blank. WHY do they ban me? i did not done any wrong and i have good intension. now i have completed all my papers (invitation letter, new forms, new COE and flight details) but i am so so scared to submit because of the consequences. please enlighten me i need your advise i know your the expert on this matter. thank you very much and i appreciate your inputs. God Bless!
Hi,
I'd like to know if you received an email from the embassy or was the reason enclosed in the package together with your passport... can you pm me? thank you....
Old Jun 28, 2014, 9:42 pm

Hi Just need your Help on my Schengen Visa of German Embassy which was rejected due to no sufficient means of subsistence for Travel.

First Me and my husband apply for Schengen Visa in Germany my visa on our country origin is under a husband Visa however I do work also in Dubai even though Im on my husband visa. I have a documents provide as well the same as my husbands who work also. Like Employment letter which stated there my Salary etc.. I provide them also a bank statement for 3 months as per there requirements. When we were in the VFS the person who evaluate our documents asked my husband to provide a letter that he doesn't object on my travel with him and that my husband will cover all my expenses, however even though we tell him that I have a work as well that my money can combine on the money of my husband to be sufficient to the duration of our stay. this guy from VFS insist he needs to put it due to my visa is under his Name. I will be honest that if only the money of my husband will be look into it the total amount will be good for himself only specially if we intend to stay for 14 days that is why I provide a bank statement as well so that it will be much bigger and can be used for our stay for 14 days.

Hope you could help me on what is to be done specially if we want to appeal this matter. is this still possible to appeal or will just try to re apply.

Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by ogyakrom
I applied for a German Visa and was denied for insufficient funds, I was damn confused, I visited this web site through google and read xjessie007's article which recommended appeal with a sample letter. I used the sample letter to appeal and added an updated bank statement and a credit card statement. 3 days time I received a mail that the refusal decision has been overturned and so I should bring my passport to the embassy. My visa is now granted so thanks xjessie007 for your guidance. The appeal really works.
hi I know this is a a very old post but hopefully you could still reply..just want to know when you return your passport at the German Embassy how many days you received your passport back with visa? If you don't mind which country you are located?Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by pinkstar
hi I know this is a a very old post but hopefully you could still reply..just want to know when you return your passport at the German Embassy how many days you received your passport back with visa? If you don't mind which country you are located?Thanks!
Rather than hoping (s)he'll read our question, the best way is to send him/her a private mail.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:17 am

Itlay Visa Denied

Guy,
might be someone can help.
My parents appiled fro italy visa and got refusal althrough they have already got UK visa.
My elder bother lives there and he sent the sponseship also.

Now they got the apeal right , i am not sure how it works , is that worth to apeal? how long they will take to give the decision after apeal?

Any help will be appriciated

thanks
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Maybe it should not be this way, but filipinas (assuming some of the posterrs are female) are looked at very carefully due to concerns about staying in Europe, seeking work (or other activities) after arrival. If you clearly show onward tickets, hotel reservations, detailed schedule, and proof of financial ability, it should be enough.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:16 am

How To Appeal Italian Visa Denial

Dear forum members, has anybody had success appealing to the Italian court after student visa rejection? Please share your experience. Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:28 am

zahid

I have applied for schengen visa for germany on 06/09/2015 in Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates.and received refusel letter on 22/09/2015. The reason they have given is no 8. I want to know that can I apply for appeal
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by zahidali
...The reason they have given is no 8...
Which is what? I hope, as far as your appeal is concerned, no 8 is not similar to Catch-22!
Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:59 am

We applied for my mom's italian schengen visa and we were expecting her to come here for christmas and unfortunately her visa got denied after waiting for more than 2 months, to think that she is already a senior citizen. We provided everything on their checklist and complied to whatever additional documents they asked. This is really so unfair for her because amidst the Typhoon Lando in the Philippines she still went to Italian Embassy in Manila from Baguio to submit an additional document because they sent her a letter that she needs to comply within 7 working days to avoid refusal of her visa and yet after weeks of long wait they still refused it 12 days before her intended travel date. Now we are planning to appeal on her behalf, this is so unjust. We are hoping that appealing will work and we will be able to have her here for Christmas. I'm really sad that they are so inconsiderate aside from having poor costumer service.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:51 am

Reapplying for Shengen post Refusal in a diff Country

Originally Posted by xjessie007
I realize this thread is a bit old, so I am just replying for future references. Perhaps my knowledge can help anyone. If a visa has been denied, the applicant needs to go through the appeal process instead of reapplying. There is even some rule (do not take me for granted, I am conveying what I have heard or read) which says that you can't reapply before the previous application is fully finished which is only after the visa appeal period expires. Here is a page with a sample Schengen visa appeal letter and more details about the whole thing: visa appeal letter and Schengen visa appeal. I have a friend who went through the appeal process withing 30 days (Germany) and got the visa, but I have also read in discussion forums about stories of people who had bad luck even with lawyers. I think it also depends a lot on the embassy, some embassies are better, in other words, before applying for he visa, it pays off to do research on which embassy is good not only in granting visa but also later with the visa appeal process. Good luck to everyone. It would be great if there were no visa at all.
Dear User,
This is regard to the above appeal process.I had applied for parents visit visa(short tem <90 days) in Belgium from India as I currently reside in Brussels on a work permit till April 2016.Their visas were sent to Belgium Immigration office in Belgium and was denied on ground that gurantor(in this case myself) does not have a permanent residence in Belgium.When I wanted to appeal I was told that I could do so from country it was rejected-Belgium.Hence I enquired of the appeal procedure and was told that an appeal can take a min of a year to be treated and required a local lawyer.This not being feasible to me I wish to reapply in Jan mid for Austria as my cousin resides there and has a permanent residence in Graz,Austria.As far as I belive there is no cooling off period and if I apply in Jan 2016 it would be after 4 months the rejection of their Belgium visa in September 2015.Kindly advise
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Prarthna
Dear User,
This is regard to the above appeal process.I had applied for parents visit visa(short tem <90 days) in Belgium from India as I currently reside in Brussels on a work permit till April 2016.Their visas were sent to Belgium Immigration office in Belgium and was denied on ground that gurantor(in this case myself) does not have a permanent residence in Belgium.When I wanted to appeal I was told that I could do so from country it was rejected-Belgium.Hence I enquired of the appeal procedure and was told that an appeal can take a min of a year to be treated and required a local lawyer.This not being feasible to me I wish to reapply in Jan mid for Austria as my cousin resides there and has a permanent residence in Graz,Austria.As far as I belive there is no cooling off period and if I apply in Jan 2016 it would be after 4 months the rejection of their Belgium visa in September 2015.Kindly advise
The Austrians will know about the visa rejection from Belgium. And being perceived as visa shopping for perhaps the same kind of trip purpose is likely to be a complicating factor that doesn't work in your/their favor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.