Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Barcelona Metro - how long from Liceu to Selva de Mar?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

If I wanted to reach the CCIB Convention Centre in BCN at 8.45am and take the following itinerary:

(i) Metro from Liceu to Urquinaona
(ii) Metro from Urquinaona to Selva de Mar
(iii) Walk from Selva de Mar...

...what time should I plan to arrive at Liceu station?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:58 pm

It is impossible to take the “Metro from Liceu to Urquinaona”. And if you are planning to walk from the Plaça Catalunya stop (green line L3) to Urquinaona (yellow line L4) you can better walk from your departure point directly to Jaume I and take the metro (L4) from there.
And your destination station is El Maresme / Forum, not Selva de Mar. Count on 30 minutes from Jaume I to the CCIB.

Personally I avoid that L4 metro line on that stretch, especially in summer. The stations are hot (also on other lines) and it’s used a lot by people going to the beach. My personal choice would be bus H14 or H16 (depending on where you start from), but these are a bit slower than the metro. Especially bus H16 (from Plaça Catalunya for instance) that drives along the coast line is a nice relaxed way to start the working day… :-) But you’ll need 40-45 minutes from when you get on the bus to the CCIB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.