Wiki Posts
Search

Parking near Geneva Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Parking near Geneva Airport

Hi All,

I'm flying from GVA august 15th to 25th, and I see all parking are full except P1 for 240 CHF, which is... a lot.

Any alternative plans I should know about? I looked at the parking lot at Cornavin which is convenient via CFF to the airport, but it's even more expensive.

I have a 2 year old with me so I'd like to avoid too many buses/walk but open to anything else.

Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Benjh
...I have a 2 year old with me so I'd like to avoid too many buses/walk but open to anything else...
I'm afraid that if you did what I originally wanted to suggest, you'd be all over the news worldwise. Seriously, how could anyone avoid buses/walk when parking outside an airport? Taxi is the only way, and they're expensive in Geneva.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
I'm afraid that if you did what I originally wanted to suggest, you'd be all over the news worldwise. Seriously, how could anyone avoid buses/walk when parking outside an airport? Taxi is the only way, and they're expensive in Geneva.
Please suggest!
What I meant is, I'd like to avoid taking numerous buses with complicated connections and long walks.

I don't mind taking one bus or walking 10 mins.

EDITED TO ADD: Funnily enough KLouis, I'm flying to your home town!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
You might try a P&R at a secondary SBB train station such as Coppet, however no garantee to find a place. If you arrive before 07:00 in the morning you should be fine, later you might be out of luck.

Or try parking-friend.com, a valet park service at GVA airport.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:13 am

deleted

Last edited by MarLim; Aug 1, 2017 at 2:18 am
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarLim
Or try parking-friend.com, a valet park service at GVA airport.
Do you vouch for them? I like their website, which of course doesn't mean their service is good.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
The two long-term parking, P51 and P26 both come in at 101 CHF per week, so quite a lot less. There's no way they can be marked as full that far out. You'll have to check the day before. With the P26 you can reserve a space in advance for about 10-11 CHF all-in.
Both are about a 10 minute walk, or with P26 take a bus from the stop Arena for one stop to the airport.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:18 am

Do you vouch for them? I like their website, which of course doesn't mean their service is good.
no. I never used them
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have a friend who manages to find free parking near Genthod-Bellevue station, which is 4 stations out of Geneva on the regional train (I might be wrong and it might be Chambesy station, but I think not). That's an easy ride to the airport if you calculate the train times, although you have to change in Geneva Cornavin itself - not difficult.

Otherwise, can a friend not help you out? That's how another friend does it: gets a friend to look after her car!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:04 am
Original Poster

I don't know anyone there!
Anyway, I see that there's a part of P1 and P26, as well as P51, where you can park with no reservations, so I might just do that.
Real time availability show it's very low, but if I get there with an extra hour to spare it should do it, don't you think?

Thanks for all the tips!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
I don't know anyone there!
Anyway, I see that there's a part of P1 and P26, as well as P51, where you can park with no reservations, so I might just do that.
Real time availability show it's very low, but if I get there with an extra hour to spare it should do it, don't you think?

Thanks for all the tips!
All of the official carparks at GVA are accessible without reservations, it's just that it is possible to make reservations in P51 and P26, to guarantee yourself a place. Unfortunately the real-time availability today is a poor prediction of what it will be in 5 days time. Check it out a couple of hours before or download yourself the GVA airport app, which also gives the real-time carparking availability.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by catandmouse
All of the official carparks at GVA are accessible without reservations, it's just that it is possible to make reservations in P51 and P26, to guarantee yourself a place. Unfortunately the real-time availability today is a poor prediction of what it will be in 5 days time. Check it out a couple of hours before or download yourself the GVA airport app, which also gives the real-time carparking availability.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.