Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Just how basis is the M pier at Amsterdam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver

OK, I've booked flights for the family out of Amsterdam to Spain this summer on easyJet. A bit of research shows that we'll be using the M pier, but the detail I can see beyond this seems rather scant.

As I understand it, the advice is you hang around in the Plaza/arrivals area until the gate is posted, then go through security, where there's nothing but the gates themselves, is that correct? Are there any facilities at all airside (cafes, toilets etc)?

TIA.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold / Accor Gold
There are all facilities after the security: shops, cafés, bars, even smoking rooms.

Sometimes, for the size, I feel the area after the security is bigger than the Plaza.

Pass trought the security early and enjoy Shiphol.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
The airside is common to all piers. There's little in the piers but plenty of shops selling pretty much everything. Go through security and immigration, hang around the shops and go to the gate shortly before boarding commences.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks but I'm pretty sure M is a special case. Are you posting these responses with first hand experience of that pier?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Thanks but I'm pretty sure M is a special case. Are you posting these responses with first hand experience of that pier?
Presumably not. The M pier is indeed quite sad, the best part being that it seems to have the fastest security checkpoint of all Schiphol, without body scanners and idiotic secondary bag screening.

Right after security there is a seating area with a bar/restaurant and a bookstore. At the gates there is absolutely nothing but a vending machine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.