Wiki Posts
Search

1 Night in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:41 am
Original Poster

1 Night in Paris

Hello,

My wife and I will be ending our trip in Europe with 1 night in Paris, arriving 9/1 and departing 9/2 9:30am for international flight from CDG. We will most likely be taking the train from AMS, but can also take a flight.

We have been to Paris once before for but only for a few days to see some of the main attractions, so this will mostly just be a pop in for lunch, walking around a bit and then dinner. We stayed in the 4th arr. last time and enjoyed it. We have only been once to Paris.

Normally we use Airbnb but looking for a recommendation on a hotel. We have SPG gold and lots of MR/TY/UR/SPG points. Nothing over the top fancy.

We are trying to maximize our time in the city with minimal travel, but be close enough to the heart.

Any recommendations on favorite hotels that would suit our desires?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Odd thread title.

Bear in mind that you'll have to get up fairly earlier if you have to catch a 9 am flight.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If coming into Paris by train, then I'd stay a hotel convenient to the train station or to getting transport to the airport the next morning.

If flying into CDG and out of CDG, then I'd look at staying at the Sheraton CDG for the night and head into the city for the day.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Good call, thank you.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:59 am

If you want to stay at CDG you can also arrive by train: Thalys Amsterdam to Brussels and then TGV to CDG. The change of trains is easy but I don't know if the schedules allow you to connect without too much waiting time (for the train to be a better choice than the plane).

Remember that flying from AMS you are probably looking at leaving the city 2-3 hours before departure. By train you can arrive at the station (in the city) 15 minutes before departure.

Use www.b-europe.com to check for schedules and prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.