Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Layover question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Layover question

I just realized that I've never actually had a layover in the EU before. I usually fly straight there!

I'm flying ORD-TXL-KRK in a few months. Should I expect to go through customs/immigration in Berlin or Krakow?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
you would clear immigration at Berlin on entering the Schengen area.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
you would clear immigration at Berlin on entering the Schengen area.
Hmm, okay. There is a layover of 1hr 40min. I'm wondering if I'd be pressed for time.

Will checked bags automatically continue to the destination or will I have to grab them and recheck them?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Assuming it's all on one ticket with airberlin your bags should be checked through.

TXL is a quirky little airport with a strange lay-out.

If you're really lucky you will be bussed to Terminal C after your ORD lands and that will be the terminal from which your KRK departs.

However you are more likely to end up in A or D and then have to make the walk over to C, re-clear security and go to your gate. It's not terribly far, just follow the signs...

Shouldn't be a problem at all on a 1h40 planned layover!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: MUCCI
And while I'm sure you won't have problems, if you are basing things for any future trips, TXL is NOT really representative of how most airports work.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
Assuming it's all on one ticket with airberlin your bags should be checked through.

TXL is a quirky little airport with a strange lay-out.

If you're really lucky you will be bussed to Terminal C after your ORD lands and that will be the terminal from which your KRK departs.

However you are more likely to end up in A or D and then have to make the walk over to C, re-clear security and go to your gate. It's not terribly far, just follow the signs...

Shouldn't be a problem at all on a 1h40 planned layover!
Good description..quirky and strange layout..but small and quick to get from one end to the other. Not for the layover, but close to town as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.