Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

BUD - airport or city hotel for early flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united, american, alaska

I have an early flight (6 a.m.) from BUD after a couple of days in the city. I'm torn between just staying another night in the city vs. staying at an airport hotel. We're talking about a Sunday night, so it isn't as if nightlife will be as big a consideration and I will probably not want to be up too late given the time of the flight. But it is always easier not to have to change hotels.

Anyone have any words of wisdom? Any suggestions of a hotel near the airport if I decide to go for that option?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:23 am

There are no airport hotels at BUD (an Ibis is currently being built) or anything half decent close by.

At that time there will be no traffic going out of town, and it will take 20-30 minutes in a cab from the centre, so I would stay in the city.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AA
We had a 5:50 am departure back in November and stayed in the city. Despite being delayed in heading to the airport due to a mixup on our transportation and having to call a taxi last minute, we made it with time to spare. There is, as the other poster noted, no traffic at that time.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:02 pm

I also had to get an early morning flight from BUD. Also got a morning taxi - was a quick, no hassle ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.