Reload this Page >

Vienna/Budapest/Prague itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vienna/Budapest/Prague itinerary

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
duplicate
Old May 2, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by JBord
Personally, I like your itinerary as it is. I wouldn't add Karlovy Vary. But I'm not a big spa/hot springs person either. If you're looking for a side trip adventure, I'd recommend using one of your Vienna days to explore the Wachau Valley. The popular route is to take the train out to Melk, the boat down the Danube from Melk to Krems, and then the train back to Vienna.

Again, remembering I'm not a spa guy, if you add Karlovy Vary, I think 2 nights is enough.
That's a nice option for a day trip, thanks!
Old May 2, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trying to figure out a weeklong itinerary in july anchored to vie but with a caveat of kids in tow... all-city plan is probably not practical so i wonder if there are intersting resorts in park/nature areas within driving distance. 2-3 day city (vie or prg) and 3-4 outside should be a good balance.
We went to ic berchtesgaten a couple times before so something similar would be great... i saw kempinsky in high tatry slovakia but it seems a bit too far... perhaps some mountain resort in austria with nature and castles around to keep kids entertained...
any thoughts?
Old May 2, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by azepine00
Trying to figure out a weeklong itinerary in july anchored to vie but with a caveat of kids in tow... all-city plan is probably not practical so i wonder if there are intersting resorts in park/nature areas within driving distance. 2-3 day city (vie or prg) and 3-4 outside should be a good balance.
We went to ic berchtesgaten a couple times before so something similar would be great... i saw kempinsky in high tatry slovakia but it seems a bit too far... perhaps some mountain resort in austria with nature and castles around to keep kids entertained...
any thoughts?
schladming. lots of sports resorts with built in activities - tennis, archery, swimming, etc. in the summer the ski lifts take you up for hiking, biking, zip lines, rail carts, etc... no castles though

https://www.schladming-dachstein.at/...ummer-holidays

https://www.schladming-dachstein.at/...hstein-austria

or actually just put summer lift in google and any resort will be converted for summer activities

http://www.skiamade.com/en/summer/su...ummercablecars

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.