Car rental for St. Anton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum ; Hilton Gold; Hertz 5*, Delta DM. Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select

A group of us (5) are taking a 5 day ski trip to St Anton in a few weeks. We could book a van to and from Zurich airport or rent a larger car.

The cost is roughly the same but can anyone comment on whether or not we will want (or not want) a car once we are in St Anton, or is it better to rely on the shuttles to get around?

Thanks!

P.S. We are staying downtown, in walking distance to a few lifts.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
My extended family, 8 of us skied there about 10 years ago. We stayed on the edge of town. We took the bus there from the ZRH and the train back. I highly recommend the bus as the train transfer at the main station was very difficult to do with ski equipment.

In the week we were there we did not miss having a car at all. Almost everything is walkable or skiable. The only time that we used a shuttle was to help schlep our luggage to and from the hotel. The town is very tight. Driving and parking will be difficult. Also, do you really want to drive on unfamiliar roads after your red eye from the states?

If you get a chance, take some time off from the slopes and go to the Arlberg Well public wellness center.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Everything AMflier said.
You will not need a car once in St. Anton. The village is very walkable, and especially during high season, finding parking can be a major inconvenience.

I would go by train. Zurich Airport has a train station directly in the airport, getting to St. Anton is an easy and straightforward three-hour trip.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum ; Hilton Gold; Hertz 5*, Delta DM. Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Thanks for the replies...we decided to forgo our own cars and had the hotel book us a van. A few Euro more, but with 5 of us it isn't too bad and will be super easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.