Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Amsterdam to Rotterdam

Amsterdam to Rotterdam

Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Amsterdam to Rotterdam

What is the best way to get from Amsterdam to Rotterdam with luggage.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:01 am

By car or train.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
An Intercity train direct from AMS takes about 30 minutes Rotterdam. Easy peasy.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
An Intercity train direct from AMS takes about 30 minutes Rotterdam. Easy peasy.
That is when they don't break and actually do run

Based on where in Rotterdam OP needs to go, a rental car might be easier
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
That is when they don't break and actually do run
Still better than being stuck in traffic, for which NL is probably one of the worst countries in Europe!

P.S. not that I've ever been stuck myself (I use trains when over), but I admit I enjoy listening to Sky Radio whilst in NL and, when it comes to traffic, it seems that roads & motorways in the whole country are all affected by a massive congestion

G
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Still better than being stuck in traffic, for which NL is probably one of the worst countries in Europe!

P.S. not that I've ever been stuck myself (I use trains when over), but I admit I enjoy listening to Sky Radio whilst in NL and, when it comes to traffic, it seems that roads & motorways in the whole country are all affected by a massive congestion

G
If you look at anwb.nl in rush hours it indeed looks like that, but it is usually better than it looks/sounds.

Most trains are just fine, the Intercity direct though is often called the IntercityDefect, enough said
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
On what day and time? During weekends the IC Direct train is often cancelled due to works.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.