Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Attention locum lovers! What is the BEST locum in Istanbul...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold

I go to Altan Sekerleme for mine.

Is there better? It has to be compared with the Altan Sekerleme locum. Just a one-of purchase does not count.

Back in istanbul in mid-December and willing to try and purchase others.How does Haci Bekir locum rate? I have never tried it...

Is this just a case of "There is no accounting for taste"?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:31 pm

Locum consists of sugar, water, corn flour, gelatine, different "essences" and, sometimes, nuts of different kinds. The only things that are somewhat different from one maker to another are the different kinds (and amount) of essence used (± nuts). Living for ages in a locum producing and eating country, I think that there are two kinds of people: those who love them, like you, and those who don't (e.g. me!). Therefore, the advice given by half of the people should not be taken seriously: you have a 50% chance of non-expert advice. Also, if you've been to Istanbul often and have decided on one particular maker you like after trying a few, if I were you I would stick to that one without risking buying some that will make you unhappy. At any rate, I'm certain that if you go to one of the tens of places that sell the stuff in Istanbul, they will certainly let you try a few kinds of their own before you buy them.

PS I forgot, I hope you do visit your dentist regularly...
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
PS I forgot, I hope you do visit your dentist regularly...
I brush my teeth regularly - and especially after eating. FWIW, I saw the dentist a couple of weeks ago - all good. ^

Last edited by tmac100; Jan 2, 2018 at 5:28 pm
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:25 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
The best in Northern Cyprus is made by Patek's.
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.