Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long to plan to clear customs?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:22 am
Original Poster

How long to plan to clear customs?

First of all, I hope I'm posting in the correct spot.

Here's my question. I booked Virgin Atlantic today to fly nonstop to London from Boston. I actually live in Charleston, SC. (Small airport and expensive!) I got a great deal on the flight and will soon be looking for flights from CHS to BOS.

If my flight from LHR arrives in BOS at 1545, what is the earliest time you'd consider for the flight from BOS to CHS?

I know I'll have to clear customs, leave the international terminal and check back in and (re) clear customs to fly back home.

Should I be looking at flights leaving a 2000?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'd suggest posting this in the New England forum, you'll get a lot more responses there.

If it helps, I generally find that coming from Europe to the U.S., I'm very comfortable with 2 hours. I can often make the transfer in much less. But I've not re-entered the US through BOS myself.

Remember, your incoming flight may be late, and I assume there are limited options from BOS-CHS in the evening, which may be full flights. So you may want to allow some cushion to avoid a mis-connect.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I'll post it in the NE forum.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:26 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
As this topic has been restarted in the New England forum, I'll close this thread. Please continue to discuss the topic here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-e...stoms-bos.html

stut
Europe Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.