Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Athens Car Rental

Athens Car Rental

Old Sep 4, 2016, 5:16 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Athens Car Rental

Anyone have any recommendations for car rentals? from what I understand Budget, Avis, Enterprise, Thrifty, Europcar, and Hertz are at the airport

I don't want to have to travel to an outside location to pick up the car so I think that leaves Autounion out.
I understand Kosmo and Athens Car Rental will both deliver and pickup cars at the airport- anyone ever use them?

Need a automatic and some of the selection doesn't excite me to be honest...

FDW
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:33 pm

What kind of info do you need in addition to what one could find in these companies' sites? Keep in mind that the choice of automatic transmission cars is restricted in Greece, similarly to most European countries.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:11 am
Suspended

http://www.greektravel.com/swift/
Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:25 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KLouis
What kind of info do you need in addition to what one could find in these companies' sites? Keep in mind that the choice of automatic transmission cars is restricted in Greece, similarly to most European countries.
Sorry- I'm mainly looking for any info/experience with the meet and greet companies such as Athens Car Rental. That would be my preferred option I think....

FDW
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Everything I have always read about car rentals in Athens was to stick to the local companies.....I have used both Kosmo and ACR before and have been very pleased. In fact I have a ACR reservation for this spring.

( Lot's of information about them on the TripAdvisor Greek forum)
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Sorry- I'm mainly looking for any info/experience with the meet and greet companies such as Athens Car Rental. That would be my preferred option I think....

FDW
We used Swift a few years ago and were really pleased. They brought the car to our hotel and then drove us to a point very near the highway entrance to save us some trouble. The car was in great shape, and they gave us roadmaps and provided some tips regarding the places I planned to go. At the end, they met us at the airport drop-off area and took the car from there. I'd happily use them again.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
We used Swift a few years ago and were really pleased. They brought the car to our hotel and then drove us to a point very near the highway entrance to save us some trouble. The car was in great shape, and they gave us roadmaps and provided some tips regarding the places I planned to go. At the end, they met us at the airport drop-off area and took the car from there. I'd happily use them again.
I very rarely get a rental car in Greece (less than 10 in the last 15 years), so my local "experience" is based mostly on many friends/relatives from abroad who do. The kind of service whimsey21 writes about is often given by "small" companies in Athens and elsewhere, and hardly ever by the also Greek big ones (for example, Hertz in Greece is owned by the main shareholders of Aegean Airways).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.