Barcelona to Vienna?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barcelona to Vienna?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Barcelona to Vienna?

Not sure what forum to put this in...

What is the most reputable airline to fly from Barcelona to Vienna?

Thank you.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Jeannietx

Thank you.
I am moving the thread to the Europe Forum . Hope you will find answers there.
Good luck....
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Thank you.
Assuming that you are only interested in nonstop travel, what are your choices, and what do you mean by "reputable"? You can see all of the airlines that offer nonstop travel on that route by Googling "BCN airport wiki" and reviewing the list of airlines in the Barcelona Airport Wikipedia article.

Do you plan on paying cash, or are you hoping to redeem miles for award travel?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
Assuming that you are only interested in nonstop travel, what are your choices, and what do you mean by "reputable"? You can see all of the airlines that offer nonstop travel on that route by Googling "BCN airport wiki" and reviewing the list of airlines in the Barcelona Airport Wikipedia article.

Do you plan on paying cash, or are you hoping to redeem miles for award travel?
...or (s)he can also look it up in ITA Matrix, this way knowing the prices as well.

...or google "BCN-VIE" and see airlines, TOD and frequency (including one-stop alternatives).

...or a few more alternatives.

But as long as we don't know what (s)he means by "reputable", we can hardly help!
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Indeed. I hardly know if I'm judged as a reputable poster.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Talking OK, tough crowd over here.....

Actually I had already used Google, but since I know nothing about these airlines I thought I would pose my question to the lovely, helpful FT folks. I will be paying with a credit card.

Austrian 392

Niki 8951

Air China 842

Vueling 8710

Eurowings 5923

Might have been able to think of a different word then "reputable", but that is my description. For example I will never fly on Ryan Air or Malaysia Airline.

Thank you for your help.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually I had already used Google, but since I know nothing about these airlines I thought I would pose my question to the lovely, helpful FT folks. I will be paying with a credit card.

Austrian 392

Niki 8951

Air China 842

Vueling 8710

Eurowings 5923

Might have been able to think of a different word then "reputable", but that is my description. For example I will never fly on Ryan Air or Malaysia Airline.

Thank you for your help.
I've never flown on any of those, but I would be inclined to choose either Austrian or Niki. Watch out for checked-baggage fees if you plan to check any bags. Do you have elite status in any of the three alliances?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I've taken Air China #842 flight between Spain and Vienna, and that's the way to go.

The flight stops in Vienna to pick up passengers before heading to Beijing China. It's a giant Airbus A330, and the initial portion of the flight will be be at least 50% empty....so you'll have plenty of room to stretch out.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:05 am

...For example I will never fly on Ryan Air...
In that case you may not want to fly Vueling and Eurowings: both LC airlines.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
In that case you may not want to fly Vueling and Eurowings: both LC airlines.
Thank you!
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaymar01
I've taken Air China #842 flight between Spain and Vienna, and that's the way to go.

The flight stops in Vienna to pick up passengers before heading to Beijing China. It's a giant Airbus A330, and the initial portion of the flight will be be at least 50% empty....so you'll have plenty of room to stretch out.
Thank you!
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

I've never flown on any of those, but I would be inclined to choose either Austrian or Niki. Watch out for checked-baggage fees if you plan to check any bags. Do you have elite status in any of the three alliances?
No elite status. We fly business or first class and check bags.

This would just be a 'hop over' (during a 3 month trip) for about 12 days, most of our stuff will stay in Barcelona.

Thank you.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This would just be a 'hop over' (during a 3 month trip) for about 12 days, most of our stuff will stay in Barcelona.

Thank you.
If you want to fly Business Class, then your choice of carriers on this route will be limited. Have you checked to see which of the carriers offers Business Class on this route?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP

Thank you.
If you want to fly Business Class, then your choice of carriers on this route will be limited. Have you checked to see which of the carriers offers Business Class on this route?
IMHO, don't think there is any intra-european F to find. Not talking about the sad standard European "business-only-by-blocking-the-middle-of 3-crappy-seats" version, there are the occasional "real" Business Cabins, but a little demanding to find. LAN starting at SCL makes a first stop MAD, continuing to FRA and returning via MAD; the occasional IB flight MAD-LHR-MAD; the once/twice weekly AY HEL-BRU-HEL are gems one'll be surprised at, when flying.

Now, as you don't seem to have any alliance preferences, I'd say that although I personally never flew Air China, but with the list of airlines you presented - go for Air China !

At least the flying comfort is way over the competition. FT contains many very experienced travellers, and I'd trust he verdict of jaymar01 above.

Happy Travel !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.