Wiki Posts
Search

How To '' From Paris to Lisbon''

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

How To '' From Paris to Lisbon''

Hello there,

Wifey and I and planning on going from Paris to Lisbon on augoust 12 to 24th,, Ive been seeing the rail passes and flights and they are extremely expensive right now,,,does anybody know a better route or company?

thanks
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jddalove
Hello there,

Wifey and I and planning on going from Paris to Lisbon on augoust 12 to 24th,, Ive been seeing the rail passes and flights and they are extremely expensive right now,,,does anybody know a better route or company?

thanks
Your post is unanswerable in its present form.
It seems you want to go from Paris to Lisbon on dates in August - peak vacation season - and you don't like the prices you are finding?
What rates have you found?
What is "extremely expensive"?
Suggest you call a travel agent - FT is not one.
Try kayak.com or myriad other online agencies.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The ITA Matrix site is a good tool to use to find the lower cost flights/fares that still might be left two weeks before planned departure:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Your post is unanswerable in its present form.
It seems you want to go from Paris to Lisbon on dates in August - peak vacation season - and you don't like the prices you are finding?
What rates have you found?
What is "extremely expensive"?
Suggest you call a travel agent - FT is not one.
Try kayak.com or myriad other online agencies.
rates are almost 1000 cad return flights or trains...
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Why are you looking into rail passes, have you considered buying normal point to point tickets? It's an fun ride by train, TGV to Hendaye/Irun, then overnight train all the way to Lisbon. (Although I only recommend it over flying if you have a proper sleeper, and not an ordinary seat)

Railpasses are almost always a rip-off nowadays, as most such trains like TGVs still require a hefty surcharge and passholder quota is limited.

Check www.seat61.com's Portugal page for details about the journey, how to book etc!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Paris-Lisbon has the highest frequency out of LIS right now: Aigle Azur, Air France,Easyjet, Transavia, Vueling, TAP, Ryanair are all nonstop. Tons of more one-stop flights.

There's always the bus which takes a couple of days, but I don't know how much cheaper it will be.

But yea, buying in the peak of the peak of the peak season, 2 weeks before departure, will most likely mean expensive flights.

The cheapest I see now is Aigle Azur on Aug 14-24 for 259€
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT
To tag onto what Palal mentioned, make sure you're also checking flights from Orly, not just CDG.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by linglingfool
To tag onto what Palal mentioned, make sure you're also checking flights from Orly, not just CDG.
Orly has the highest number of flights to LIS, CDG is second, BVA (Ryanair) is third

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.