Wiki Posts
Search

First entry into Switzerland on a Schengen visa issued by France

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott GLD

Planned to enter France, but now changed to Switzerland (Geneva)
We have a "C" MULTI entry , 90 days duration of stay Schengen visa issued by France

# 1 DFW->LHR->GVA and
# 2 LHR->GVA

I did some searches and found to be not an issue, but want to check with experts here. Thanks for your comments!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:51 pm

What exactly do you want to know? What would you like us to comment on?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
What exactly do you want to know? What would you like us to comment on?
If there is any issue with first entry to Switzerland, when a visa was issued by France
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Nomad98
If there is any issue with first entry to Switzerland, when a visa was issued by France
Not going to France later then?

If you are asked whether you will be travelling to France during this trip (or, what other countries you plan to visit) and tell the truth, you risk being refused entry. Best make a quick plan for a trip into France then, which shouldn't be too difficult from Geneva. Plans can always change once you're in Switzerland.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: M&M, A3*G, Flying Blue, HHonors
afaik, Geneva Airport has a "French exit/entrance" in addition to the Swiss one. It appears that passport control is only done by the Swiss authorities though. So as long as you are planning to go to France, shouldn't be a problem.
(http://www.genevaairport.net/French-Sector/)

In general, however, just like travellers coming to your country, I'd avoid any behaviour that might jeoporadize your visa.

Last edited by ningyo; Jul 4, 2016 at 7:18 am
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by Nomad98
No problem whatsoever if your visa is marked valid for "Etats Schengen". You can enter Schengen in Reykjavik, in Frankfurt, in Lisbon, in Geneva or anywhere else in Schengen.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sjoerd
No problem whatsoever if your visa is marked valid for "Etats Schengen". You can enter Schengen in Reykjavik, in Frankfurt, in Lisbon, in Geneva or anywhere else in Schengen.
Thank you all for your replies and comments

I emailed the French consulate general in Houston about this and they replied that it is not an issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.