Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Query about being refused to fly

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Your post is quite confusing!

1) How does Ryanair fit with your Air Malta flight?
2) Will you use your award AMS-FCO-MLA for the return? If yes, it will have been cancelled after your no-show. Why should you be denied boarding at the gate?
3) Why don't you check-in your Air malta flight using OLCI?
4) Will you have luggage? If yes, there is a big chance that DL will not check it through to MLA, in which case you'll have to retrieve it and check-in at the counter, then back to airside including a security check.

I may have missed something, but you see what I mean (I hope I was clear).
Thanks for responding. Sorry my post wasn't clear.

1) Ryanair doesn't fit - I was just using them as an example of an airline that apparently requires non-EU passport holders to check in at the ticket counter, even if they have no luggage to check. I've read that they will deny boarding in this situation, and am wondering if Air Malta may also.
2) Our return is on a completely separate airline (AA).
3) I plan to. My question is regarding the need, as a non-EU passport holder, to check in with Air Malta at their ticket counter.
4) No checked luggage.

I assume I'm overthinking this, that we will have no problem skipping the rest of our DL (operated by Alitalia) flights to instead board Air Malta.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:21 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by aa70274
1) Ryanair doesn't fit - I was just using them as an example of an airline that apparently requires non-EU passport holders to check in at the ticket counter, even if they have no luggage to check. I've read that they will deny boarding in this situation, and am wondering if Air Malta may also.
I have never heard of any airline requiring all holders of certain passports to be checked manually before proceeding airside. If Air Malta has a problem with your passport, then you probably won't be able to check in online at all, and will be forced to go landside (note, not the ticket counter which just sells tickets... but the check-in counter) to get a boarding pass.

A quick search shows the requirement you mention to be clearly stated on Ryanair's website. I don't see any such requirement mentioned on Air Malta's website. Anyway, you won't need to show your passport to any government official in order to fly AMS-MLA, so you may not need to show your passport to the airline either. (Coming from the USA, you'd need to go through immigration at AMS in order to get to the area where MLA flights depart from though.)
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
I have never heard of any airline requiring all holders of certain passports to be checked manually before proceeding airside. If Air Malta has a problem with your passport, then you probably won't be able to check in online at all, and will be forced to go landside (note, not the ticket counter which just sells tickets... but the check-in counter) to get a boarding pass.

A quick search shows the requirement you mention to be clearly stated on Ryanair's website. I don't see any such requirement mentioned on Air Malta's website. Anyway, you won't need to show your passport to any government official in order to fly AMS-MLA, so you may not need to show your passport to the airline either. (Coming from the USA, you'd need to go through immigration at AMS in order to get to the area where MLA flights depart from though.)
Thank you for the input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.