ATH airport : security ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATH airport : security ?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Exclamation ATH airport : security ?

I have reported this to A3 staff at ATH but they don't care : "i'm not in duty, it's a management problem"...

When you have to go for lost and found (in secure area) you can enter without any document or identity check.

This means you can enter in this area with anything is a bag nobody will ask you anything. Risk of stolen luggage or any other kind of bad action is huge.

We have experienced it yesterday. You go to this door (luggage track), give a phone call and someone opens the door : no questions, no passeport control, no "open your bag" etc. When this done you enter in the luggage area and can navigate inside this part of the terminal without any problem.

Regarding the global situation now should be nice that those lazy handlers working at ATH set up security measure in order to control who enter in the area.

What you think?
Old May 21, 2016, 7:22 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
This is a generic issue with ATH airport, and not specific to A3.

Let's move this over to the European forum where it can attract responses from a broader range of passengers.

/mod
Old May 21, 2016, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
This is a generic issue with ATH airport, and not specific to A3.

Let's move this over to the European forum where it can attract responses from a broader range of passengers.

/mod
up to you, let's hide it there. But i was relating an experience with A3 so i guess here was the right place.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:41 pm

Is it really to the secure area? Or only to luggage reclaim which is not part of the secure area.

In most airports you can also get into the secure area by passing through security where no one checks your ID, only that you have a boarding pass.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Is it really to the secure area? Or only to luggage reclaim which is not part of the secure area.

In most airports you can also get into the secure area by passing through security where no one checks your ID, only that you have a boarding pass.
You're right, it is not the secure area, but I know of at least one way to sneak into that illegally. Of course, the airport being under German management, it's up to them to fix the problem and not up to the "lazy handlers" who must follow the directions of the management.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:29 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
ID check shouldn't be required to enter a "secure area", only security screening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.