Wiki Posts
Search

Schengen Visa from a foreign country

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Schengen Visa from a foreign country

Hi.I'm from Iran.
I'll have an internship in Poland in Sep and I was planning to start visa process in Jul(it may take up to month), suddenly today i got accepted on another internship in Romania in 24Jun. the problem is i don't have enough time to apply for both Schengen and Romania visa till 24th of Jun. can i apply for Schengen visa from Romania? I've got my invitation letter and every needed document, just a matter of time.
I've checked Poland embassy and didn't found anything about it.
thanks in advance
Old May 13, 2016, 2:32 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
My guess is yes, you can do it from Romania, applying at the embassy or consulate of the country you'll be spending most time in.

Bucharest does have a Polish embassy: http://www.bukareszt.msz.gov.pl/en/root, but their website is often down.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs...y/index_en.htm

Apparently, you'll have to apply at the consulate/embassy that has territorial competence for the country you legally reside in. I suppose you would have to ask in advance if you'll be able to submit your application in Romania.

Apparently if you're a holder of a Schengen visa with two or multiple entries, you don't need an additional visa for Romania. The question is also being discussed here.

Alternatively, you could submit an application for a second passport (justifying the need for a second one by multiple, simultaneous visa applications), submit your application for the Romania visa on the first passport, prepare all documentation and have a family member submit the application for the Schengen Visa at the Polish embassy and send you the passport by mail to Romania (if you don't intend to travel back to Iran between both internships).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.