Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Passport Count Ferry from Corfu to Albania?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 12:31 am
Original Poster

My 90 day visa in Schengen countries June 17th and I would like to go along to adriatic rivera starting at Ksmail, Albania by taking a ferry from Corfu, so I would like to know if anyone knows if the officials will count my visa date when I use the ferry to cross to Albania (non-Schengen country). I would really like to spend 1-3 day at Corfu, if possible, before heading out of the Schengen countries, since I have to fly to Corfu to catch the ferry regardless; I can't arrive earlier to Corfu.

Thank you for your time and any input!
Old May 4, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: MUCCI
Sorry can you clarify question.

Your 90 days runs out 17th June?
When do you plan to travel to Corfu, where from?
Old May 4, 2016, 11:28 am
Original Poster

David-A: Thank you for your reply. I have a flight from Athens that arrives in Corfu at 10 am of June 17, 2016.
Old May 5, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by applepies
My 90 day visa in Schengen countries June 17th and I would like to go along to adriatic rivera starting at Ksmail, Albania by taking a ferry from Corfu, so I would like to know if anyone knows if the officials will count my visa date when I use the ferry to cross to Albania (non-Schengen country). I would really like to spend 1-3 day at Corfu, if possible, before heading out of the Schengen countries, since I have to fly to Corfu to catch the ferry regardless; I can't arrive earlier to Corfu.

Thank you for your time and any input!
If you have a passport from a "rich" country (US, Canada, Japan, Australia, .....) it is unlikely that they will count the days on exit. IF they decide to count and you are found a few days over the limit, it is unlikely it will have consequences. No guarantees of course, and if you are unlucky (very small chance) they could put your data into the Schengen Information System and ban you from entering Schengen for some time.
Are you planning to come back into Schengen after your stay in Albania? They may count the days of the current visit on your next entry to Schengen, which may become a problem then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.